Field Finance Intern
Job Title: Finance Undergraduate Intern
Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns/ Full- Time and Graduate hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
PepsiCo Finance partners have a seat at a table, and a voice in the conversation, across the company. Successful interns gain a foundation of the functional and organizational skills needed to contribute to these conversations as they rotate through different teams over the course of their career. Because the internship program is a critical feeder of future Finance leadership, interns must learn to take the risks and ask the questions required of the company’s rising stars.
PepsiCo has 8 geographic operating regions in the U.S. that are responsible for the manufacturing, selling, and distribution of its beverage portfolio which accounts for over $10 billion in annual sales. Undergraduate interns will join the finance team in one of these regions to gain valuable operating experience in a large-scale and fast paced operating environment and will be exposed to the following functional areas:
• Financial Planning: Manages region financial performance through action-oriented analytical insights and traditional financial tools. FP&A associates focus on the development of monthly forecasts, the annual operating plan, and performance improvement opportunities.
• Revenue Management: Sets retail pricing and package architecture strategy. Revenue management associates contribute to promotional pricing guidelines, and advise on customer portfolio strategy. They also assess elasticities, demand trends and pricing/promotional performance to advise on optimal structures across customers and products.
• Sales Finance: Supports Retail and Foodservice sales teams to drive revenue and market share. Sales Finance associates manage the calendar of events, promotional activities, performance analysis, forecasts, and deal structure.
• Supply Chain Finance: Manages the company’s product manufacturing and distribution strategies by analyzing materials, labor and transportation costs. Supply Chain associates assess the financial economics and perform capacity analyses to drive critical capital decisions.
What you can expect:
In addition to gaining hands-on operational knowledge of a large scale beverage business, each intern will be presented with a timely project or business initiative, and challenged to both think strategically and engage cross-functional partners to develop and implement an action plan. Additionally, they will have the opportunity to present and interact with members of the region leadership team as well as network with peers in the organization. This structure mirrors the project-based work process of full-time employees. Although this process lends itself to great autonomy in setting agenda, workflow and output, interns have the full support and backing of their managers and the broader Finance team.
Roles available in the following locations:
- Chicago, IL
- Dallas, TX
- Purchase/White Plains, NY
- Baltimore, MD
- Denver, CO
- Detroit, MI
- Orlando, FL
- Laguna, CA
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Finance and/or Accounting (other related majors will be considered)
- Involvement in a minimum of one extracurricular activity
- Bright, self-starting, innovative thinkers who are passionate about what they do
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen combined with a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Candidate should have strong leadership qualities, and an interest in consumer packaged goods
- Leading people or leading projects throughout your academic career (on or off campus)
- Candidates should be able to balance a bias for leadership roles with an equal propensity for working collaboratively within teams
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment.
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
- List the following on submitted resume:
- Location preference
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement