Job Title: Accounting Control Undergraduate Intern
Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns/ Full- Time and Graduate hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
To be successful, Accounting Control members need to leverage knowledge about the business, utilize and continually develop accounting skills, and build professional relationships. Associates will gain a foundation of these functional and organizational skills through diverse critical experiences as they rotate through different functional areas over the course of their career. Because the internship program is a critical feeder of future leadership, interns are expected to develop exceptional technical, financial and business skills required of the company’s rising stars.
Accounting Control is comprised of several divisions in the following key functional areas: Financial Reporting, Field Operations, Trade Spend, Supply Chain, and Foodservice Control. These divisions partner with the other teams to understand the PepsiCo results and ensure proper accounting in accordance with PepsiCo policies and US GAAP. We perform control activities, such as general ledger reviews, P&L, cash flows, balance sheet reviews, and other required reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Associates will get experience in these areas as they progress through their careers.
What you can expect:
A summer internship in Accounting Control at PepsiCo is an opportunity to learn the multiple facets of our beverages business and related accounting issues. The program provides intensive job assignments – as each intern will be assigned a project to solve that will require interactions with each of the functional areas discussed above. Additionally, the program is led by senior accounting professionals and mentors who are committed to developing world-class financial leaders for exciting careers. As a class, Accounting Control interns are availed of best-in-class exposure to senior leadership, education on the myriad pieces of the global PepsiCo organization, and opportunities to build relationship with fellow interns across functions.
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Accounting (other related majors will be considered)
- Minimum 3.2 GPA.
- Involvement in a minimum of one extracurricular activity.
- Strong ability to synthesize data, summarize information, and solve problems.
- Bright, self-starting, innovative thinkers who are passionate about what they do
- Candidates should be able to balance a bias for leadership roles with an equal propensity for working collaboratively within teams.
- Candidate should have strong leadership experience, and an interest in consumer packaged goods.
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, Power Point, and key accounting system (Oracle or SAP) knowledge a plus.
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing required prescreens, including, but not limited to, drug and alcohol screening and motor vehicle reports.
- Please list the following on your resume:
- Location preference: Chicago, Dallas, New York
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement