Global Procurement Associate Analyst
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns/ Full- Time and Graduate hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
Many of the roles within the Global Procurement function have global accountabilities and develop global strategies through partnership with local teams and the sharing of best practices. The Global Procurement function is made up of the following five Procurement Centers of Excellence (COEs) and Market Supply Officer’s (MSO):
- The MSO’s are responsible for setting the agenda within the sector as it relates to the procurement for specific materials/ services across these businesses. In addition they ensure successful interfaces with the Global COE Procurement teams to ensure delivery of productivity and commodity risk management. This function can span across a diverse portfolio of ingredients, packaging, goods and services, while also having responsibility for delivering quality, service, innovation and cash‐flow value and leading the local team within the sector.
- The Indirects & IT COE is responsible for sourcing all other goods and services required by PepsiCo to run our business. A few examples of these goods and services include logistics services which move our products out to the market and operational supplies to run the hundreds of PepsiCo factories around the world. Additionally, the team is responsible for sourcing professional services for several of PepsiCo’s corporate functions located in North America, including Human Resources, Corporate Communications and Finance. The IT COE is responsible for setting sourcing strategies and contracting IT goods and services and travel services globally. The Indirects COE works closely as a global team to leverage PepsiCo’s buying power at the highest level. The team works as a global team to deliver optimal value to the PepsiCo business teams.
- The Packaging COE is responsible for sourcing all of our brands packaging requirements around the world. Teams of procurement professionals are grouped into Centers of Excellence e.g. Cans COE. These teams have deep industry knowledge of the package types in their category of responsibility and are responsible for the sourcing strategy for that category.
- The Fruit & Vegetable (F&V) COE is responsible for procuring strategic fruit, juices and vegetables for PepsiCo’s businesses globally. Major buying categories include citrus, apple, and tropical and stone fruits. Key objectives include finding the most efficacious and cost effective F&V ingredients to help fuel our rapid growth in our global nutrition products.
- The Grains, Sweeteners & Oils COE is responsible for procuring sweeteners (sugar/corn-based sweeteners/high intensity sweeteners), grains (corn/wheat/oats) and vegetable oils for PepsiCo across the food and beverage business globally. The COE has deep expertise in commodity risk management, productivity delivery, enabling innovation and growth as well as sustainable agro supply chains.
What you can expect:
This role requires a skill to think analytically, logically and the ability to multi-task many different issues
• Interact with multiple parties within procurement
• Cross training outside Ag procurement
• Field Experience (I.E. supplier/plant)
• Performance Reporting/Analysis- Quality/costing
• Provide general for support for procurement/supply chain
• 80 suppliers in 26 states and 5 Canadian province network
• 26 Frito Lay plants / multiple co-pack supplier sites
• Over $3 Billion Spend raw materials
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Finance, Economics, Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Agribusiness, or Agronomy (other related majors may be considered)
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Proven people/project leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus)
- Previous experience in an operations environment (on- or off- campus; either through employment, internship, or academic clubs)
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Location can vary but (in most cases) roles will be based in Plano, TX or Purchase, NY
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Be completing their final year of undergraduate studies
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree prior to the intended full time start date
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Standard Relocation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement