Packaging Associate Engineer
Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place R&D Interns/ Full- Time hires primarily in the three headquarter locations: Plano, TX; Chicago/Barrington, IL; Purchase/Valhalla, NY. In some cases, Interns/Full-Time hires will be placed in satellite locations. Location preferences will be discussed in the interview process.
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
As a R&D Packaging Engineer, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Support category packaging global innovation to deliver AOP goals
- Actively manage packaging projects across packaging materials
- Drive new packaging development and initial commercialization in both BM and ecommerce channels
- Initiate and perform economic and technical feasibility studies on new packaging development through ideation to initial commercialization
- Follow technical stage gate process, create package development plan & timeline and manage project budget
- Maintain open communication and build strong relationships with internal & external teams from suppliers to cross functions
- Implement project plans against timeline and budget, create trial protocols, lead plant trials, conduct all tests and analyze test results to ensure successful delivery of quality standards
- Create, maintain and update packaging material and assembly specifications
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical, Mechanical, Package Engineering, or related degree
- Experience in the development and execution of packaging projects
- Working knowledge of technical qualifications for packaging components
- Strong communication skills and presentation skills in technical & non-technical environment
- Strong project management skills in developing project timelines with multiple cross-functional touch points and managing project budgets and spending
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, timelines and budgets in fast paced environment
- Familiarity with data science preferred
- Actual working location will be determined at point of offer: Barrington, Plano, Valhalla
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement