IT Portfolio/Program Manager
We are now recruiting an IT Portfolio/Program Manager to join our team in Carrigaline on a permanent basis.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
Our Information Technology (IT) team is going through an exciting time. PepsiCo is transforming the way we use technology across all areas of the business, and IT act as our partners, advisers and service providers on this journey. Many of our IT roles have an international focus, and support internal clients across multiple countries, helping them to identify, deploy and optimise the technology needed to deliver outstanding results. Do you have a passion for solving business challenges by leveraging technology? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Reporting into the CIO, the successful candidate has responsibility for all projects across PGCS, encompassing SAP, non-SAP, and Technology scope, and ensures that all projects follow strict IT practices and meet IT controls, including SOX. In addition, the role will also manage all IT PMs to ensure resources are maximised and best practices are followed.
- Lead IT governance within PGCS while ensuring principles and standards are developed to best practice levels and deployed through the organisation so that IT can demonstrate how it consistently adds value to the business. Ensure IT Governance Plans are incorporated in overall PGCS Innovation Growth Plans.
- Portfolio Management:
- Rolls out best practices for Portfolio management across PGCS incl. periodic project reviews, project prioritization, resource management, etc.
- Takes ownership of quarterly PGCS IT Project Reviews with Business Leadership.
- Metrics – Creates and manages PGCS Metrics / Dashboard
- Provides direction to senior IT/Business Managers on how IT Governance can benefit both IT and the company as a whole
- Partners with project sponsors/delivery managers to ensure business goals are met.
- Lead Business Cases reviews throughout the lifecycle to enable the correct decisions to be made at the right time.
- Mentors, motivates and drives projects throughout the Project Lifecycle Methodology (PLM) and provides project management leadership.
- Consolidates, prepares and delivers both the IT Monthly IT Briefing Report and Project Portfolio Report.
- For all PGCS IT projects:
- During project approval and initiation phase helps structure project for success, including establishing a clear governance model and project specific approach to PLM
- Supports projects through execution, advising project teams on how to efficiently follow the PLM
- Provides leadership for project closure and incorporating lessons learned into the PLM
- Schedules and execute PLM Audits across the PGCS IT Organisation
- Promotes “Best In Class” PLM approach across PGCS
- Owns common repository of artefacts/documents so that prior project deliverables can be candidates for reuse by similar projects, further reducing project start-up time and cost.
- Program Manager
- Lead Program Managers including developing business case, developing project initiation documents, work breakdown structure, organizing work and managing quality, budget and time line associated with project.
- Drives adherence to Pepsi’s project management processes and templates.
- Arbitrates and resolves conflict and collaboration problems within the project(s).
- Develops and runs a prioritization process for projects, requests and discretionary support.
- Seeks out and identifies project interdependencies and conflicts within the program or other impacted applications in the portfolio.
- Provides support, guidance and direction to Project Manager’s on PM activities.
- Communicates overall program status, risks, issues and barrier with senior stakeholders in the business & IT
- Manages the Internal IT Finance tasks to support the following activities:-AOP, Strat Plan, Qtrly Forecasts, etc
- Lead the AOP/Forecast planning and execution each year.
- Influences management on key PGCS IT Budget decisions including identifying risks and opportunities.
- Develops and manages key relationships within both PGCS and IT Finance teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of Project management experience.
- Solid understanding of PMI’s Portfolio, Program and Project Management frameworks
- PMP/Prince2 Certification preferred. PgMP or PfMP optional
- Proven experience leading successful IT projects.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Strong People Skills to work effectively with business and IT leadership, peers and reports
- Experience working in a Multi-cultural environment.
- Strong financial management experience with proven ability to manage annual budget
- Willingness to travel as and when required
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a IT Portfolio/Program Manager. However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be IT Prj/Prg Mgmt ManagerRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular