Lab Technician - Up to 12 Month Contract
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The Technical Function is our team of enabling experts offering knowledge and partnership to functions on specialist subjects including engineering, quality and productivity. They ensure operations and food safety excellence for our team. Could you bring a new dimension to our technical expertise? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Position Purpose and Primary Accountabilities
- Comply with Confidentiality Policy
- Ensure the accurate and timely analysis and disposition of raw materials and manufactured products in accordance with PepsiCo standards
- Become familiar with the material/product portfolio
- Registering QC samples in the lab database accurately
- Meticulous attention to sample data entry and preparation
- Prepare all production, delivery and issue samples in a timely manner
- Ensure timely and effective issue resolution
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment as required.
- Maintain all relevant records and samples in an organised system for quick and effective access to information with a particular focus on trace-ability
- Adhere to safe lab practices and GLP
- Organise the replenishment of relevant laboratory supplies
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with process operators
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with Pepsi’s Product Development group.
- Liaise with manufacturing and R&D on the smooth introduction of new products during and after scale-up.
- Flexible regarding priority changes
- A requirement of this role is that all PepsiCo Health and Safety requirements are adhered to
- BSc in food science, chemistry or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience working with ingredients/materials/product
- Demonstrate an understanding of business fundamentals and synergies of cost/quality/service to maximise impact on work effort
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to positively influence others and lead team
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a Lab Technician. However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be SC QC Sr Technician.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Pipeline