Environmental, Health, and Safety Specialist Intern
Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns/ Full- Time and Graduate hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
This position contributes to the success of PepsiCo by ensuring regulatory compliance and implementing risk or prevention-focused Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) initiatives in a location or across multiple locations. As an intern you will gave exposure at either the regional and plant/distribution center level or Headquarters level. You will work on a project that will be site, region or headquarters specific that will support the PepsiCo EHS agenda. These projects will be actionable plans that will drive improvements across the business.
Below are some of the activities in which you can expect to participate:
- Support execution, implementation, and tracking of a location’s annual EHS plan
- Interface with regulatory bodies (DOT, State/Local Regulators) as needed
- Develop, implement, execute, and manage strategies to prevent workplace injuries, environmental incidents, and vehicle accidents
- Establish process to ensure driver capability using Defensive Driving techniques found in Best in Class systems
- Perform risk assessments and assist in the implementation of effective physical and/or behavioral control measures; Recognize and verify the effectiveness of in-place control measures
- Complete root cause analyses and develop corrective action plans to address root basic causes and management system weak-spots through the use of industry-recognized cause analysis techniques (5-Why, 8-D, etc.)
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Health, Safety, Environmental, or a related area
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Proven people/project leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus)
- Previous experience in an operations environment (on- or off- campus; either through employment or academic clubs)
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation and team building skills
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Flexibility for relocation will allow for greater advancement opportunities
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement