PepsiCo North America Beverages Supply Chain Intern
Job Title: PepsiCo NA Beverages Supply Chain Intern
Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations.
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
The PepsiCo North America Beverages (NAB) Integrated Supply Chain organization provides a demanding, fast-paced opportunity in a competitive industry, where growth equals opportunity and fun accompanies the challenge. Opportunities are provided through various opportunities in Demand and Supply Planning, Warehouse Operations, Transportation, Customer Integration, and Strategy. We are looking for future leaders of the company; our Campus hires begin their career with unlimited career growth potential!
What you can expect:
Students are afforded opportunities for beneficial, meaningful work experience in one of five Supply Chain divisions. Please let your PepsiCo Campus Representative know which of the following disciplines interests you most. You may express interest in more than one:
- Planning (Demand and Supply): The Demand Planner contributes to the success of PepsiCo NAB by executing the demand planning process within a defined network. The Demand Planner supports all facets of the forecasting process in order to achieve high forecast accuracy and to ensure customer service is maintained. This person also supports sales and marketing teams to ensure innovation launch execution.
In both roles, you will be called upon to:
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to coach & develop teams as well as influence.
- Use your analytical thinking skills through qualitative and quantitative analysis. You don’t have to be a math major, but a strong drive to fix problems and design solutions is key to an individual’s success at PepsiCo!
- Perform at a fast pace, with self-motivation, and strong initiative
- Warehouse Operations: Interns will work either on a field-based or headquarters-based team. The key objectives of these teams are to manage inventory, improve warehouse productivity and execute shipments to ensure key service metrics are met. These teams interact with various other areas of the supply chain, including demand & supply planning, transportation, customer integration, sales strategy, and finance. These roles require strong analytical, communication and critical thinking skills.
- Transportation: Interns will partner with transport team members to ensure timely delivery of raw materials and finished goods to our plants, distribution centers, and customer. This initiative encompasses many business areas including safety, DOT regulations, electronic driver logs, cost control, on time shipments, payroll, and driver routing. Interns will have the opportunity to get hand on experience owning day to day transport activities.
- Customer Integration: Interns serve as a direct point of contact for PepsiCo’s customers. Interns actively partner with Warehouse Operations, Transportation, Supply Chain Planning and Sales to ensure our customers receive flawless order fulfillment and delivery. Customer Integration roles deliver a wide range of exposures to critical skills including: effective communications, influence management, data analysis critical thinking and process optimization skills.
- Strategy: Interns will work with SC Strategy team and support various network optimization initiatives using JDA Strategist and various excel, SAP and access reports. This role will support development of near-term and longer-term network implications of strategic initiatives for PepsiCo NAB. Additionally, this role will support activities involved in development and execution of least landed cost sourcing solution for our network. Interns are required to partner with various Supply Chain finance and logistics teams to gather and triage data during the execution of these initiatives.
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering (other related majors will be considered)
- Involvement in at least one extracurricular activity
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to work flexible work schedules; including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
- Ability to adapt to changes in timelines and sequences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Flexibility for relocation will allow for greater advancement opportunities
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Be eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement