We are now recruiting a Foods Scientist to join our R&D team in Cork on a permanent basis.
At PepsiCo, innovation takes centre stage. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Reporting to the foods manager this role is focused on understanding and supporting the Foods technical requirements of Pepsico Ireland R&D to meet it’s business objectives.
- Work independently or in a team environment to provide assistance to the Snacks team with cross-functional and diverse projects in areas such as Re-formulation, Method Development, Method Validation, Packaging & All Foods related formulation/manufacturing issues.
- Demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge in the areas of powder ingredient characterisation, blending and associated unit operations.
- Implement flavour and associated application functionality optimization to drive productivity, quality improvements and cost reduction initiatives for the business
- Brand Stewardship: Lead for immediate quality issue support.
- Bench-Top Formulation: Key focus leading bench top savoury prototype work
- Ownership for manufacture of bench scales prototypes of products for stability testing to ensure product quality for formula integration.
- Works cross-functionally internally to R&D to evaluate new technologies related to savoury applications to monitor and feedback on product sensory impact and functional performance
- Core team member of the snacks group –lab maintenance, H&S and training (internal & external)
- Manage documentation requirements to support these activities.
- Manage and develop actionable timelines and plans to ensure all snacks related project testing deadlines are met.
- Assist management in interpreting assessment results, developing conclusions and recommendations.
- Support the day to day activities for the Snacks R&D group.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across R&D and non-R&D functions as necessary to support business initiatives.
- BSc in Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry (or related discipline) with a minimum of 3 years experience preferably in an R&D technical laboratory function.
- Strong IT/systems aptitude.
- Broad knowledge of R&D, Production, GMP and Quality System environments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to integrate well within a team environment.
- Results orientated and commitment to achieving objectives.
- Ability to manage and prioritise work requests while at the same time displaying strong attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze problems, generate accurate data, test hypotheses and determine root causes.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks both independently and within a team environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and leadership skills
- The assistant scientist need to be a good communicator as the role operates in a cross functional, matrix environment .
- Strong bench top seasoning development or blending/processing operations knowledge/skills an advantage.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a Foods Scientist. However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be R&D Asst Scientist Flavours
#LI-IRELANDRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Temporary