Senior Data Scientist/Machine Learning Engineer
Want to build an RL system with real money against business experts? Apply now!
PepsiCo operates in an environment undergoing immense and rapid change, driven by eCommerce and emergent retail technologies. To ensure continued success in the food and beverage space, PepsiCo has assembled a dedicated eCommerce team – tasked with optimizing eCommerce operations and developing innovations that will give PepsiCo a sustainable competitive advantage. While tied closely to broader PepsiCo, the eCommerce group more closely resembles a start-up environment; embracing the core values of having bias for action, being results oriented, maintaining a community-focus, and prioritizing people.
PepsiCo’s Data Science and Analytics group is a team of data scientists, technology specialists, and business innovators who operate within eCommerce to build industry-leading systems and solutions. By focusing on machine learning and automation, the Data Science & Analytics group is pushing the bounds of possibility for PepsiCo and its strategic partners.
What you will do:
- Build machine learning systems to understand the cross-channel grocery ecosystem
- Lay the groundwork for reinforcement learning systems for eventual operations optimization
- Perform statistical analysis across diverse datasets to drive and measure performance
- Work with PepsiCo’s strategic partners to expand their technical capabilities, thereby creating a more robust data environment
- Utilize natural language understanding techniques to uncover insights from contextual data
- Script using Python
- Stochastically optimize function approximators using Tensorflow
- (But we can read Theano, MxNet, Caffe, Chainer, PyTorch, etc code if needed)
- Optimize networks on a team server with 4 Tesla V100s (Nvidia’s new model with TPU cores).
- Store and access relational data in a SQL database
- Comfortable designing and developing machine learning solutions to novel business problems using a variety of data sources
- Expertise with various complex modeling approaches; building on top of modern academic models such as ConvLSTMs, Adversarial Sampling, Neural Language Models, etc
- Propose custom solutions to business problems
- Willing to experiment with different approaches and capable of applying new insights
- Clearly and concisely communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Capable of outlining your approach to business problems in formal presentations forums and in writing
- Passion for continuous learning and actively following modern research
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer/data science, engineering or equivalent, Masters preferred
- Strong background in Python programming (Java/C experience and willingness to learn can be substituted)
- Deep understanding of statistics and statistical best practices
- 3+ years experience with data pipeline, web scraping, and/or automation solutions
- 3+ years experience with relational databases and database best practices
- Program management/project coordination experience
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work and influence cross-functionally
- Interest in Machine Learning/Deep Learning a plus
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement