The Hive is a new entity within PepsiCo dedicated to developing and nurturing rising, trend-forward, high-potential brands. The Hive will combine the vitality and creativity of a startup with the marketing and go-to-market prowess of PepsiCo’s finest. The Hive’s mission is to incubate and accelerate the next generation of PepsiCo brands for consumers to love, and ultimately driving our future success. The Hive will include a number of our existing beverage and nutrition brands with tremendous potential to grow, including Maker premium oats, which is currently rolling out to Whole Foods nationally, Stubborn Soda, SoBe Elixirs and Teas, and Looza nectars. The Hive will partner closely with the PepsiCo Ventures Group to add new brands to its portfolio.
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? We are looking for individuals who want to take a risk and follow their curiosity to uncover and capitalize on future CPG trends. You will be responsible for delivering on the value of the new Hive, specifically via (1) ensuring that PepsiCo is on the top tier edge of creativity and entrepreneurial trends by tapping into internal and external resources and marketplace intelligence, (2) bringing creative and disruptive ideas for beverage exploration, and (3) harnessing the capability and expertise of a smaller, nimble, venture and (4) building capability and strategic partnerships that will benefit the larger organization long-term.
As the Insights Director, you will build sustainable value propositions for PepsiCo's smaller brands that will drive scale of operations and distribution over time. Additionally, you will help develop a vision for the Hive in PepsiCo’s future growth plans.
Due to the unique nature of the Hive, your role will be intimately involved in all aspects of running a small business from start up to scale. This includes: new item and brand introductions, in-market incubation efforts, share growth strategies, identifying emerging pockets of growth and achieving proof of concepts for small, emerging brands in attractive growth segments. You will also lead the day-to-day design and delivery of human, behavioral, marketplace and category insight to the broader Hive team.
What You'll Do:
- New (insight) tool design and development (e.g. “MVP” orientation) to facilitate agile and iterative concept and prototyping workstreams
- Work within cross-functional team to develop, commercialize, and launch key breakthrough/disruptive initiatives
- Lead translation of consumer trends into product strategy and/or positioning
- Lead consumer advocacy and brand stewardship for new product launches
- Demonstrate capability of conducting needs assessments, opportunity identification, and concept development based upon insights and system knowledge
- Identify strategic objectives and key innovation strategies. Engage external agencies and to develop breakthrough innovation platforms
- Establish strong partnerships with insight, culture and trends agency resources
- Develop and deliver high impact and successful consumer products Insights while taking calculated risks for long-term benefits
What You'll Bring:
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals across all levels of PepsiCo and the Hive while cultivating a network to influence and advance business goals
- Premier insights/foresights informed equally by robust data analytics and marketplace “curiosity”
- A macro- and micro-understanding of evolving consumer demand, including leading-edge consumers
- Outstanding results orientation – with a high degree of personal initiative and leadership – in a lower resource, highly matrixed, and more independent environment
- Inherent curiosity and a strong desire to invent and experiment
- Insights functional expertise – shown ability to develop, sell, and drive innovative practices
- Stamina - how have you gotten results in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment?
- Courage and resilience - willingness to “speak truth to power” and provide unbiased perspectives and insights despite potential organizational headwinds
- Communications skills – ability to educate and influence management and staff to act in the best interest of internal clients and shareholders
- Ability to manage relationships with cross-functional teams- especially business leaders- to elevate the strategic impact of the function
- Managerial competency – identify, attract and develop highly motivated and successful Insights professionals who have gone on to build records of success as individuals, as well as part of a team
- Experience with influencing decision beyond North America- you are sensitive and responsive to social and cultural differences
- Appropriate awareness and understanding to effectively capitalize on and prioritize different trends within the consumer packaged goods space
- Dynamic thought leadership and commercial implementation
- Ability to transition from Insight-based recommendations to practical, tactical implementation with ease
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Standard Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement