We are now recruiting a Sensory Scientist to join our Governance & Compliance team in Cork on a permanent basis.
We are Global Functions, Governance and Compliance (GFGC) which form part of the global R&D. We provide the framework for governance, compliance and processes across PepsiCo R&D functions globally. GFGC teams work in partnership with the Category (Beverage, Nutrition, Snacks) teams to seamlessly deliver results as one PepsiCo R&D. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
- Accurate, timely analysis of samples and reporting and interpretation of data in compliance with Pepsi Co Standards.
- Troubleshoot technical issues relating to laboratory analysis to optimise lab processes.
- Provide Technical Support to Business on bottling operations i.e. all aspects of in plant sensory programs, processes as well as trouble-shooting of raw materials in-process and finished beverage.
- Apply knowledge of the core discipline to provide input into Method Development, Best Practice tool development and identification and enhancements of training requirements.
- Deliver sensory trainings for beverage plant personnel at international location or through webinars.
- Update sensory training documents and materials as required.
- Communicate with the plants and follow-up on sensory issues in the plant.
- Work closely with the Training & Learning team on follow up requirements for participants after training.
- Comply to PepsiCo Lab Quality System through the development adherence and maintenance of
- procedures and policies for their respective areas (Operating Procedures Calibration Audits, GLP &
- safety proficiencies)
- Ensure smooth running of all laboratory operational requirements.
- Support the development and implementation of the lab strategy through participation in relevant
- teams and projects.
- Ensure flexibility within the department by acting as back up as required.
- Define performance goals, track and analyse performance measures and establish/implement
- improvement plans to grow and develop the respective area.
- Serves as sensory representative on business teams.
- Applies design of experiments to sensory evaluation testing.
- Interprets statistical analysis of the results of sensory evaluation testing.
- Confers with research and development, marketing, packaging, manufacturing and other departments.
- Degree/Diploma in Sensory or Consumer Science.
- A minimum of 3-5 years sensory experience preferably in the food industry.
- Knowledge of sensory and consumer methodologies and experience using these methodologies.
- Experience with running sensory panels, data analysis and interpretation of results.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Power point).
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills for delivery of sensory training.
- Strong organizational, time-management and teamwork skills.
- A self-starter, proactive in delivering results & with a drive to increase efficiency.
- Knowledge of data collection software FIZZ would be advantageous.
- Experience with the planning, execution, analysis, interpretation and delivery of results of consumer studies.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a Sensory Scientist. However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be R&D QA Assoc Scientist.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular