We are currently looking for three Project Engineers to join our global PGCS engineering team.
These are permanent full-time positions, based in our Little Island and Carrigaline concentrate plants.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The Technical Function is our team of enabling experts offering knowledge and partnership to functions on specialist subjects including engineering, quality and productivity. They ensure operations and food safety excellence for our team. Could you bring a new dimension to our technical expertise? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, the Project Engineer will play a key role in delivering the PepsiCo PGCS Capital Projects Agenda. They will contribute to building the capability of the Global Engineering Team. They will contribute towards driving efficiency and best practice in all aspects of the business. They will ensure compliance to both internal and external regulations in all of their engineering activities
- Lead the execution of small to medium sized Capital Projects ($100M to $5MM) (including scope, contract strategy, resource requirements, communications plan, safety and quality management)
- Responsible for implementing the engineering and procurement standards, including technical and commercial aspects, supplier relationships and performance management of key capital projects
- Responsible for the safe execution, the budget and the schedule of the capital program
- Support strategic supplier relationships to ensure effective management of the PGCS global and local capital requirements
- Leverage best practices from PepsiCo divisions as well as from other industries to deliver world class performance in plant and equipment design, project implementation and construction management
- Implement sustainable engineering practices and programs ensuring sustainability in plant design and operation
- Interface and communication with the plant to ensure seamless handover of projects to plant operations
- Provide subject matter expertise where required
- Provide support to the plant Operations team where required, in areas such as Capacity Analyses, Utilities (WWTP, CIP etc), Continuous Improvement and TE initiatives
Essential Skills and Experience required:
- Significant process industry experience in engineering with additional operations or maintenance exposure and capital project management experience
- Degree qualification in Chemical, Process, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience of process plant technical standards
- Project concept development experience
- Business case and capital approval experience
- Experience in all phases of the project lifecycle, from concept, URS development, design and procurement through to installation, commissioning, validation and project handover
- Environmental, health and safety management experience and knowledge of legislation in this area
- Contractor and Construction Management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Additional DESIRED qualifications and/or experience:
- Proven experience delivering small to medium capital projects in a diverse environment
- Experience in a similar business area
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a Project Engineer. However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be either SC Engineer or SC Assoc Engineer depending on experience and level.
Job Type: Regular