General Manager - National Warehousing
PepsiCo is looking for an experienced General Manager to join our high performing UK Logistics Leadership Team.
The primary responsibility of this role is to support the delivery of <98.5% on time in full (OTIF) delivery to our ambient customer base through effective management of PepsiCo approved 3rd party warehouse logistics providers. It’s a key leadership role and we’ll be looking to you to drive simplification and standardisation across warehouse 3PL partners and have clear input into the wider UK logistics strategy.
The majority of our warehouses are located across the Midlands so the ideal base for this role would be our Southern Region Distribution Centre in Leicester. There is however an element of travel up to the north east and west so we can offer some flexibility.
What you’ll get up to:
- Manage all 3PL contracts across UK warehousing for 6 operating basis split across the Midlands and North (one of which is run in house).
- Play a lead role in contract meetings for pricing negotiation of all services, both new and renewals
- Robust KPI management of critical scorecard deliverables to support annual operating plan delivery
- Partner with 3PLs to deliver ongoing efficiency improvements
- Governance of food safety standards on behalf of PepsiCo
- Line management of one direct report
- Clearly demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to develop, motivate, empower and coach at all levels.
- Ability to keenly prioritise and manage a complex agenda across multiple sites.
- 3rd party and contract management experience essential.
- Ability to lead site reviews with senior directors with minimal input required from Logistics Director.
- Strong collaboration skills to work with Global Logistics team on best practice implementation and sharing.
- Flexible approach, a keen eye for detail and the ability to make good, balanced business decisions to meet future business and customer requirements.
- Strong influencing skills at all levels of the organisation, both internally and externally.
- Ability to deliver the needs of our customers whilst remaining focused on the delivery of a balanced score card.
- A demonstrated ability to define a long-term plan and translate through to excellent execution.
- Is seen as role model, inspiring trust in those around them whilst promoting an environment of achievement and recognition.
- Demonstrated drive for results and a can do attitude. Leverages a keen understanding of key business drivers in own area to get results and facilitate change.
This role comes with a very competitive base salary, bonus, company car and wide range of flexible benefits.
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers Crisps and Quaker Oats, we have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for the sixth year in a row!
Job Type: Pipeline