Commercial Manager - Malaysia
The Franchise Manager is the leader of the Beverages franchise agenda for Malaysia; managing top level relationships with our franchise partner, defining & developing franchise strategies, negotiating and aligning PepsiCo led initiatives and operationalizing plans; all in collaboration with internal PepsiCo stakeholders and external franchise partners.
This position is also responsible for leading the strategic growth agenda and customer management for Foodservice across total MAPS (Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei and Mongolia).
The position is accountable for volume, share and quality of the Beverages Franchise, acting as the key interface between franchisee and PepsiCo from all functional perspectives.
Developing Strategic Franchise Agenda
- Business strategy alignment with Malaysia Franchisee.
- Designing 5 year strategic plan and 3 year BDA for Franchisee to stimulate business growth.
- Holistically scoping out new business opportunities, evolving existing or developing new and sustainable business models in collaboration with Franchisees to grow and transform business performance.
Influencing Partner Investments to Grow
- Jointly planning for investments in infrastructure and account / business development in key markets.
- Working with functional teams to develop plans for Franchisee to grow share and distribution.
- Planning, recommending and negotiating pricing structure in line with franchise profitability.
Leadership / Key Account Management of MAPS Foodservice Agenda
- Leading the strategic growth agenda and customer management for YUM in Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei and Mongolia via joint business planning.
- Ensuring flawless execution of AOP.
- Coordinating the customer agenda between Support Center (SC), Region Food Service & Marketing, MU Marketing, as well as the bottler’s Marketing, Key Account and Operations teams to ensure alignment and smooth execution.
- Responsible for co-developing consumer promotion and consumer engagement plans with the customer with particular focus on enhancing sales / brand image of PepsiCo brands.
- Managing / coordinating customer agreements to ensure compliance and acceptable return on investment for PepsiCo. Facilitate the execution of contract terms when challenges arise.
- Acting as the Market Unit Subject Matter Expert for the Foodservice channel, focusing on the Innovation agenda, effective customer calendar, best practice transfer, insights sharing and capability building.
- Acting as primary driver in building customer management capability roadmap.
Building Franchise Team Capability & Plan Delivery
- Building franchise team capability, as well as supporting the delivery of superior GTM and execution across Malaysia.
- Monthly and annual plan volume delivery of Beverages as may be identified in the course of the business planning.
- Growing share in line with the PSP, SBP and AOP.
- Launching of new SKUs, implementation of in-store programs - in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
Leveraging PepsiCo Operating Model and Process Compliance
- Developing and ensuring compliance with all agreements and principles defining the franchise relationship. This includes the EBA, BDA and Annual Coop agreements. Using the Quarterly Review process to course correct and maintain a sustainable business proposition
- Working with MUGM to ensure PepsiCo Operating Model leverage in Franchise.
- Bringing Franchise management on board to PepsiCo D&I culture
- 100% corporate audit compliance.
- Operating the Franchise Business in line with PepsiCo Franchise Fundamentals
- Strong collaborating & influencing skills - both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong track record in strategic account management and sales performance
- Knowledge and understanding of franchise economics
- Independent, confident and results-driven with strong interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
- Budgeting and financial management
- Strategic thinking and vision articulation
- Strong analytical thinking capability, pro-actively challenging the ‘status quo’
- Strong leadership capability
- Decision making
- Resilience and maturity
- Knowing the Business Cold
- Minimum 7 years experience in Commercial roles, preferably in FMCG in MNCs
- Minimum 3 years in national leadership roles
- Experience in Franchise business models an advantage
Job Type: Regular