SC QC Associate Supervisor
This position contributes to the success of the Detroit, Michigan Pepsi Beverage Company by ensuring the overall quality of the ingredients and finished products in accordance with the Company’s Standards. This individual must set quality assurance standards and align the organization to achieve these standards.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Effectively direct, coordinate, and schedule all activities of plant QA personnel in order to ensure that all GMP, Food Safety, and Quality Management programs are carried out in accordance with corporate policy requirements and best industry practices (examples: Syrup Management, batching to schedule, target to target, yields management, audit readiness)
- Effectively lead plant QA staff in a manner as to ensure effective and efficient support of plant operations and the consistent manufacture of safe quality food product. Including but not limited to the following: New Product/Product Reformulation Qualification Process, PQI Date Changes Process, Best Taste Limits Chart Maintenance, Glass and Brittle Plastic Audits
- Inform and advise the QA Manager and Operations leadership in matters related to Food Safety and Quality including measuring, tracking and trending, and reporting of progress against key performance indicators, (3D Scorecard, proactive review, reporting of Infinity QS, micro tracker
- Assist the QA Manager in carrying out training for plant team members including production personnel and QA staff; Update/Maintain Training Matrix, Develop Training Schedule for QC team
- Actively participate in development and oversight of all analytical, microbiological, and sensory testing protocols in a manner as to assure food safety and quality conformance
- Anticipate and resolve quality and food safety related issues including root cause analysis and corrective and preventative action implementation; Understand and Help Mange Customer Complaints, Identify and Action Plan Against Identified Key Drivers
- Complete special projects, duties, and assignments as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree and previous Quality Control work experience preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Previous experience within the Quality Control department of a high speed manufacturing environment, preferably consumer packaged goods
Skills & Capabilities:
- Strong communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and influence management skills
- Incumbent must be able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks without losing momentum while also completing all daily tasks efficiently and effectively
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement