Assistant Manager-Accounting Operations
- Monitor and Review Process controls
- Champion the review of stock controls in RM/PM/FG and 3P through weekly and monthly closing and regular physical audits by CA firm
- Facilitate process controls in Purchasing and receiving in Engineering dept while approving purchase orders within norms and coaching Stores Incharge on controls; Also arrange quarterly physical audits and surprise once off receiving protocol audits
- Perform thorough review of weekly closing and monthly closing of stocks to ensure consumption is correctly booked and efficiencies are correctly computed; Drive stock closing reviews every week and facilitate surprise physical checks where there are doubts / issues.
- Monitor and facilitate remediation of Internal Audit observations
- Liaise with IBM on the Balance Sheet schedule preparation process and facilitate internal review on a monthly basis highlighting all risks and opportunities.
- Prepare and Drive Operating Reviews to drive compliance with Plan and cost reduction / productivity
- Perform following reviews happen every month – Weekly operating reviews (at-least 2), Monthly operations review, Monthly Capex tracking and review, Quarterly review of stock aging (RM/PM/FG) and highlight issues (Facilitate timely provisioning, write offs)
- Ensure high quality of operating reviews through 100% accurate data as well as high degree of analysis and pre-work to arrive at pointed queries and issues for resolution
- Drive cost reduction / productivity projects and support the project teams through financial analysis
- Perform seamless and error free monthly closing along with preparation of Cause of Change variance analysis
- Prepare monthly, weekly, daily MIS Trackers / Robust database
- Perform error free monthly closing through rigorous analysis of all stock adjustments, cost vs. financials and sub GL to GL differences;
- Complete the cause of change versus Plan on a timely manner, providing a thorough analysis of variances Maintain close interaction with HO team and ensure timely submission of details required.
- Ensure SOX Compliance for I2C and anchor all other internal and external audits
- Monitor all key controls in I2C and ensure minimum failures and if so, highlight the same to HO along with remediation plans
- Support PCM in driving culturally, proportional ownership amongst various stakeholders through feedback, coaching and training on SOX controls
- Capability building and influencing
- Impress upon peers esp in Production on the importance of efficiencies, cost, etc and help maintain their focus around these.
- Statutory Compliance
- Work with the Sales tax consultant on matters relating to VAT, return filing, C form compliance etc.
- Ensure timely issuance of C forms to vendors
- Work in close coordination with other locations for F Form collection
- Ensure timely submission of excise returns
- Closely monitor excise duty workings and ensure prompt payment
- Closely monitor exceptions arising on the payment workflow and ensure closure of the same on a daily basis
- Statutory Audit
- Facilitate the timely closure of Statutory Audit working in close coordination with the Auditors and the HO team
- Chartered Accountant with 2 yrs experience/ CA Inter/ICWA Inter with 5-7 years of experience or any equivalent experience
- Good inter-personal skills, connect, and ability take people along
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with and interpret data
- Persistent; Self-starter, Assertive; Inquisitive; Bold
- High focus on results delivery; Adherence to time lines
Job Type: Regular