PepsiCo Food Service Sales Intern
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint. Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
The PepsiCo Global Foodservice organization brings the company’s entire portfolio of food and beverage brands to out-of-home consumption channels to meet consumer needs at work, at play, and on-the-go. Do you get excited by the thrill of the deal? Are you interested in taking charge and leading a team? Does spearheading a $10-15MM business sound rewarding? If so, various opportunities in Foodservice are available in National-CCO Sales, Field Sales, and Distributor Sales. We are looking for future sales leaders of the company; our Campus hires begin their career with unlimited career growth potential!
What you can expect:
Students are afforded opportunities for beneficial, meaningful work experience in one of three Foodservice Sales divisions. Please let your PepsiCo Campus Representative know which of the following disciplines interests you most. You may express interest in more than one:
- Distributor Sales (Frito Lay North America): Interns will work with the Foodservice Distributor Sales team to drive business results and develop a customer-first mentality. This role requires strong analytical and communication skills. Interns will help identify customer needs by understanding business priorities, business model, customers, and competitor performance in accounts. Additionally, interns will actively engage in influential sales to ensure that customer needs are met.
In all of these roles, you will be called upon to:
- Use fact-based selling skills and deliver exceptional customer service
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to coach, develop, and influence various stakeholders
- Use your creativity and entrepreneurial mindset to grow volume & revenue to achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the assigned area
- Activate local and national marketplace initiatives and promotions
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Professional Selling, Sales Management/Leadership, Business Administration, Hospitality Management, Communications, Organizational Leadership, Entrepreneurship (or other related majors)
- Previous selling or customer service experience (on- or off- campus; either through part time jobs, internship, or academic clubs)
- Proven leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus)
- Flexibility for relocation - we place campus interns in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations
- Availability to work flexible schedules
- Spanish language skills a plus
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Pass a sales assessment to be considered for the role
- Be completing their final year of undergraduate studies
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree prior to the intended full time start date
- Be eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Have a valid driver’s license and access to an automobile to drive to various sales locations for duration of time in role
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation, including a Motor Vehicle Report (clean driving record for the past 3 years)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement