Winnipeg Sales Intern
Co-op Work Term Duration: 4 or 8 month term starting January 2019.
Job Location: Our PepsiCo offices in Winnipeg.
PepsiCo is a global leader in snacks, foods and beverages, and is comprised of some of the world's most recognized and trusted brands. Pepsico Canada is organized into two business units; PepsiCo Beverages Canada, which includes brands such as Pepsi, Tropicana and Gatorade; PepsiCo Foods Canada, which includes Frito Lay Canada and Quaker Canada.
As a world class organization, we strive for excellence in everything that we do, from a new product launch to delivering a product to a store. To accomplish our goals, we need talented, innovative people who know how to work hard and have fun! We need people who want to make a difference. Taste the success with Canada's fastest growing consumer packaged goods company, and discover big challenges and big opportunities - personally and professionally.
The successful candidate will be assisting and providing support to our Sales team. During your 4 month (possible extension to 8 months) co-op, the successful candidate will be fully immersed in our operations, learning the business from:
1) Training and Market Research
- Coordinate POS and Merchandising equipment flow, including allocations to Sales Team, Drivers, Branches & Customers
- Manage POS inventory and distribute other marketing materials as needed
2) Zone Project Work: Mentorship & Project Work
- Job shadowing the frontline, district & zone leaders, zone business, key account & district managers
- Responsible for leading marketing/sales project
- Support the sales team by creating and printing sales presentations and updating scorecards as necessary
- Develop a standardized process work flow to receive, sort, store, build, distribute and allocate all Sales POS and Merchandising equipment
- Develop a process to update Sales Training Materials and track execution follow up
- Attend key business meetings & have the opportunity to present your project work to the Area Business Team
- Develop and implement a training guide for Sales and Delivery team on various functions of the job
3) Talent Management
- Liaise with HR to recruit, interview and onboard new hires for Sales and Merchandising teams
- Recommend processes that will improve the onboarding process and experience, by gaining feedback from new hires at the end of their onboarding calendar
- A student who is currently enrolled in Post-Secondary
- Completion of second or third year in a Business program
- High academic achievement along with demonstrated ability to pursue other interests at the same time
- Strong leadership skills while also being able to be an effective team player
- A self-starter with the ability to plan work to meet objectives, set priorities and manage work schedule
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to confidently interact with all levels within the organization, from front line to executives
- Advanced analytical skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Possess a valid driver's license (Class 5 or equivalent) and have access to a vehicle
Job Type: Temporary