Analytical Chemistry Technician, R&D Global Nutrition
The Analytical Chemistry Technician will be conducting nutritional core analysis on our food and beverages products. This position sits within our R&D Global Analytical Sciences team.
In this role, the Analytical Chemistry Technician will conduct chemical and physical lab analyses to determine the composition and properties of foods, beverages, raw materials, ingredients, and packaging materials for research or quality assurance programs. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the processing of samples to a condition ready for analysis and recording and reporting data in LIMS system.
- Perform laboratory chemical and physical analyses and/or instrumental test procedures using standard and other detailed methods of analysis and then calculate and report the assay results
- Process submitted samples into forms ready for analysis, such as compositing samples and/or grinding solid samples to a homogeneous mixture
- Prepare and maintain chemicals, chemical solutions, sample dilutions, and equipment as needed for the performance of analyses
- Organize and purge samples on a routine basis
- Maintain accurate records and documentation and assure the reliability of measurement systems by using appropriate GLP
- Document all data in appropriate notebooks and LIMS and communicate results in a thorough format and in an accurate and timely manner. Follow all lab notebook procedures
- Must be thorough with the methods and techniques and produce accurate and timely analytical results.
- Is a quick learner, flexible and able to multi-task dependent on the types of work that the department supports.
- Work in a group and closely with the chemist responsible for the assigned analytical techniques.
- Capable of learning & applying all lab techniques, and learn new technologies as it’s being implemented
- Must be very familiar with and understand, follow, and execute all GLP and lab safety practices.
- Must understand and follow safe handling of hazardous chemicals and have an appreciation of the normal hazards associated with laboratory work.
- Knowledgeable in multiple analytical techniques, including HPLC, GC, and wet chemistry methods.
- Must keep neat, orderly, and complete records; be able to perform basic mathematical calculations and be able to prepare graphs and tables using appropriate computer software.
- BS degree in Chemistry or related discipline with 1+ years’ experience in a laboratory environment
- Capable of learning and applying various techniques of analysis
- Experienced in operating a computer and knowledgeable about common software. Familiarity with LIMS is required
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable in bringing new ideas to the team or the organization
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement