Tax Associate Analyst
Street Address: United States - TX - Plano - 7701 Legacy Dr - 75024-4002
- Plan and manage Sales/Use/Beverage/Gross Receipts/Business License Tax audits
- Manage auditing jurisdiction relationships, audit responses, documentation, appeals/protests, and negotiations
- Strategize audit defenses and support
- Administer internal review and external audits for transaction taxes
- Ensure company’s compliance with state Sales/Use/Beverage/Gross Receipts/Business License Tax reporting requirements, laws, and regulations
- Support the monthly processing of all Sales/Use/Beverage/Gross Receipts/Business License tax reporting and payments (monthly tax returns are prepared by a third party)
- Support of the monthly preparation of data to be sent to a third party for preparation and filing of tax returns, verification of funding needed for tax payments, as well as post-filing variance review
- Ensure that tax payments and tax returns are processed within filing deadlines
- Support the administration of Vertex Software to support all business platforms
- Knowledge of Oracle and SAP ERP systems
- Support all Sales/Use/Beverage/Gross Receipts/Business License Tax related IT project assignments
- Develop and maintain taxability matrices to serve as guidance for business clients
- Research, evaluate, document, and communicate transaction tax requirements for new and existing business activities, compliance requirements, and tax legislation
- Identify and implement dynamic planning opportunities. Work with cross-functional business groups and systems to manage the implementation of tax policies, procedures, and projects.
- Research, resolve, and respond to all Sales/Use/Beverage/Gross Receipts/Business License Tax inquiries from business units, corporate, E-commerce, customers, and vendors as they arise.
- Monitor new tax laws, regulations and court decisions for Sales/Use/Beverage Tax nexus triggers and make applications as required by law.
- Identify and implement tax savings and planning initiatives.
- Support and lead reverse audit of sales/use tax.
- Coordinate and lead meeting on an as needed basis with Tax, Accounting, Payroll, Engineering and other departments, to apprise all areas of current tax audits and assessments.
- Complete ad hoc financial analysis as requested by upper management.
- Review assigned general ledger reconciliations on monthly basis. Perform account reviews and monthly variance analysis, as assigned.
- Perform review of the contingent liability related to Sales/Use/Beverage/Gross Receipts/Business License Tax on a periodic basis and recommend adjustments as required
- Strive to eliminate manual functions and redundancy. Support assigned internal control documentation and key controls
- Develops business “Annual Operating Plan” for sales/use/gross receipts and business licenses
- Prepare documentation to support compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX 404) controls and procedures
- Assist in the development/implementation of new software releases, change requests and enhancements as they pertain to tax functionality
- Work independently, as well as within a cross-functional project team environment
- Support tax department technology needs as they relate to compliance, reporting, analytics, and controls.
- Support tax technology process and requirements throughout the development lifecycle (i.e. requirements documentation, test plans, validation, production support, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field (Mathematics, public administration etc.)
- experience in sales and use tax compliance.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement