**Thank you for your interest in PepsiCo. This is a pipeline requisition so that we can capture talent in advance of 2019 needs across the US.
We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers.
We're a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
What you’ll do:
The Quality Supervisor contributes to the success of PepsiCo by ensuring the overall quality of ingredients and finished products in accordance with company's standards. Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety for an entire business unit on shift. You are responsible for developing a team of Quality Technicians, setting quality assurance standards and aligning the organization to achieve these standards.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
- Provides technical and process knowledge for water treatment/waste water, product batching, product testing, package testing and supplier capability
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of production equipment (processing and packaging equipment) and its related impact on overall quality
- Oversees team execution of key food safety pre-requisite programs such as: GMP compliance, sanitation, documentation and recordkeeping, regulatory audits, etc.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of process improvements and technical developments
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations
- Develops the team to take on day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Delivers effective change leadership while driving business changes and minimizing people impact
- Communicates and collaborate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Motivates team members to achieve plan goals
- Ensures compliance with all health & safety regulations including food safety
- Oversees regulatory audits/inspections (i.e. AIB, FDA, ISO F2200 Standard, GHEMS)
- Regular and predictable attendance at the work site while having a regular presence on the plant floor
- This role requires lifting up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- This role will likely require off-shift and weekend work
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Previous experience within the quality control department of a high speed manufacturing environment, preferably food/beverages /consumer packaged goods.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision-making with a demonstrated ability to work in a driven and challenging environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring skills - effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
Job Type: Pipeline
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement