R&D Global Principal Scientist, Nutrition Sciences - Snacks
As a global Principal Scientist in Nutrition Sciences, you will utilize your knowledge in nutrition science, food chemistry, food processing and other sciences to deliver compelling nutrition focused solutions to our R&D and business partners. You will lead global projects where your work will be making a global impact on our snacks by researching new ways to make snack foods palatable and healthy for our consumers; you will also make an impact by using your critical thinking skills to determine technical solutions and solve by utilizing research technologies.
Expectations for the role:
- Provide expertise and insights to global R&D and business partners ensuring compliance with Performance with Purpose and other internal criteria.
- Lead research projects to discover nutritional benefits of ingredients or improve the ways of processing and delivering our foods; develop and support new product concepts aligned with strategic imperative
- Provide nutrition science expertise in cross-category teams/taskforces to inform, align and disseminate nutrition science based criteria, policy and guidance
- Identify future research opportunities and help drive execution of research projects to support business objectives
- Drive external engagement with KOLs and influence to drive clear communication of our goals and research outcomes
- Gain exposure by participating in internal and external stakeholder engagements to healthy snacks innovation, supporting PepsiCo's Performance with Purpose compliance and educating the workforce to be more nutrition savvy.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- M.Sc or Ph.D Degree in Nutrition Sciences or Food Sciences or Food Chemistry or closely related discipline preferred
- M.Sc plus 7 years professional work experience or Ph.D plus 5 plus years professional work experience in a similar role in nutrition, food or pharmaceutical industry
- Expertise in translating nutrition science into compelling, clear communication; utilizing scientific expertise to identify opportunities and challenges in relation to product renovation and innovation; clinical trial design, development, and execution is desired
- Food Manufacturing/Consumer Product Goods environment
- Food science/technology
- Project management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Translate complex nutrition science into accessible messaging and communication
- Develop and maintain a wide internal and external network
- Work well as part of a team
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders
- Persuade and influence
- To work within/navigate a matrixed organization
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement