Category Manager - Giant Eagle (Beverages)
The Demand Xcelerator (DX) team represents a transformation of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership and Space resources supporting Sales and Marketing plans across the PepsiCo portfolio. This approach allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused programs to drive growth with our customers.
Great opportunity to join the PepsiCo DX National Grocery Category Leadership agenda for DSD Beverages. This role works closely with the Customer and Cross-functional PepsiCo teams to develop and execute category strategies based on shopper insights and trends to drive category and market share growth.
- Lead category management and insights initiatives for the PepsiCo DSD Beverages and Quaker portfolio at Giant Eagle. Develop key customer advisory initiatives at the category level as well as aisle/department level
- Conduct detailed category decompositions and drive insights to action to unlock internal and external growth opportunities
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with Giant Eagle division buying teams through frequent contact, delivering actionable objective insights
- Build and maintain informal networks in order to move the agenda - BU Category Management, Catman peers, BU Leads
- Provide Insights to Sales team members based on emerging shopper and market trends
- Lead JBP process, managing supporting analytic on key sales initiatives including big bet development & execution
- Leverage EYC Shopper Card data regularly for reporting and diagnosing business questions
- Drive BU-specific strategic decisions with impact on the Demand Xcelerator function for ad hoc/in-plan requests
- Provide analytic support on share, share of market, competitive activity - ongoing evaluation of pricing, assortment, and competitive activity
- Provide insights on category/marketplace trends to peers on ongoing basis.
- Conduct detailed analysis and reporting, utilizing the appropriate information resources - develop and execute scorecarding and evaluation
- Maintain frequent, clear and open communication and collaborate with cross functional teams (Sales, Insights, Shopper Marketing, Space Optimization) to create customized solutions, work jointly on key projects, provide insights and/or solve for company issues. Develop best practices and cascade with other team members
- Create easy to customize selling stories leveraging all available selling materials & enablers – this requires using data across multiple platforms (IRI POS & Panel, MarketTrack, Kantar, Mintel, etc) to build a cohesive story.
- Contribute to innovation sell-in by presenting shopper/category stories and optimization recommendations.
- Produce post promotion analysis on major customer programs and other key initiatives
**This position can sit in Pittsburgh, Detroit, or Chicago**
- Bachelor's Degree preferred and/or 5-7 Years of category management experience
- 3-5 years' experience in analyzing and interpreting data and team/project management experience
- Technical skills: Highly Excel and PowerPoint proficient, shopper card data experience highly preferred (EYC database knowledge a plus), solid knowledge of syndicated POS and shopper panel data (IRI ILD) platforms.
- Strong leadership skills: ability to influence activities of customer and individual team members towards goals & ability to lead and contribute in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong teamwork skills: Teamwork is essential in this role, as this person will work very closely with field Category Managers, account call leads, BU leads and cross functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to link strategies and objectives to develop a plan.
- Strong planning/organizing skills: capable of managing major projects simultaneously
- Able to establish and attain high standards for self and team; able to make decisions and solve problems
- Must be comfortable presenting ideas and concepts to groups of varying seniority and levels within an organization.
- People management experience a plus but not required.
- 5-7 Years of category management experience
- 3-5 years experience in analyzing and interpreting data and team/project management experience
- Must be willing and able to travel 20% to 40% of the time (depending on sitting location)
- Data analysis
- Customer service
- Persuasive leadership and influence
- Business relationship management
- Strong verbal and written communications
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement