Sr. Manager of Design Strategy & Innovation
The Design Sr. Manager, Strategy & Innovation
Reports to the Head of North American Beverage Design and works in collaboration with other design leaders, in conjunction with the Chief Design Officer, to effectively develop and deliver brand design and identity systems that have strategic business value.
In this role you are responsible for the development and delivery of effective brand design solutions for PepsiCo’s North American Beverage (NAB) portfolio. You will demonstrate superior ability to partner with brands in delivering strategies across physical and digital initiatives. Managing highly complex assignments and concurrent initiatives across varied project types.
Comfortable managing the ambiguity inherent in design processes and methodologies (tools, techniques) and design proposals (visions, scenarios) in order to plan creative engagements and visualize the desired creative output.
Elevates design thinking, which underpins all our engagements, pollinates design thinking through practical design methodologies, solving complex branding problems and uncovering transformation opportunities to help brands get the most out of their design investments.
Strategic Leadership: Design Strategy encompasses brand strategy, design planning, brand design and project management to ensure the design team functions at optimal strength and capacity. Working on projects that have critical business significance you will demonstrate the agility to lead strategy, planning, project management. You will be familiar with working in a multi-disciplinary environment, leading interdisciplinary teams.
Partnering with the Head of North American Beverage Design, works alongside the marketing team, expected to design robust processes and engage with a variety of stakeholders to get input and assess options. Working across all aspects of NAB leading pilot start-up brand projects and portfolio strategies for NAB brands. Synthesizing research and business needs to ensure our design strategies result in better productivity, increased operational efficiency, and above all greater business success.
- Be an inspiring leader, both within and outside of the design organization
- Champion design thinking across the organization, educating while collaborating
- Draw on diverse perspectives to solve design problems and drive effective solutions
- Articulate design vision through prototyping, scenario modeling, strategic roadmaps, etc.
- Collaborate closely with researchers, marketers, media teams to cross-pollinate ideas, methods, and approaches
- Build and evolve methodologies, nurture the maturity of the design capability
- Provide mentorship and support the professional development to team members
- Effectively influence across all levels in the organization; across regions and functions; can get things done through formal and informal channels
- Proven ability to effectively incorporate research (including primary and secondary research) in strategic design processes
Highly experienced in Graphic and Brand Design as well as Design Strategy & Innovation. Must have a Design Degree and an MBA or similar degree in design strategy/ Innovation is highly preferred.
- Fluent in design and conversant on emerging nutrition trends
- Integrative thinker, aptitude for experimentation, comfortable with ambiguity
- Empathetic, collaborative and entrepreneurial
- Proven experience and design awards
- 12+ years of experience, with a minimum of 5 years (recent) in a strategic design role
- Degree in design, business, or a related discipline
- Proven track record of strong leadership, team management skills and a strategic acumen
- Superior project management and design management skills; attention to detail
- Compelling presentation and proposal skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, work in ambiguous and dynamic work environment; is comfortable with risk and uncertainty
- Must be willing and able to travel 20% of the time
Job Type: Pipeline
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement