R&D Director, Flavor Technology
Lead a team of Flavorists to discover, develop and execute innovative, cost effective and consumer preferred flavor designs across Global beverages. Flavor designs that deliver both core/base flavor profiles that win with consumers and flavor technology taste solutions that drive great taste and competitive advantage in the areas of sugar reduced beverages. Critical to the role is the implementation of high performing FMPs that drive wins with consumers across Global Beverages. In addition to leading a team, part of this role will be bench flavor creation and project support.
- Lead the flavor development objectives against Global Beverages projects and deliverables.
- Demonstrate flavor development expertise by delivering winning flavor profiles that support the supply chain, regulatory and cost parameter needs.
- Work closely and successfully with Band 1 colleague in designing how to determine optimal use of Pipeline tools in our modification formulations for global beverages. In conjunction with sweetener blend optimization work develop best formulations for modifiers to leverage with specific sweetener blends for Product Development to implement globally.
- Develop strategic vision for enhanced long term approach to working with the Flavor Industry leaders to drive improved proprietary taste modifiers to PepsiCo.
- Lead the cross functional activities that will drive success in both the feasibility and development phases in discovery and feasibility of new/modified tools. Develop roadmaps or Pathways
- Own responsibility for transition of knowledge of modifier technical solutions to Global R&Ds by working in conjunction with Flavor Team leaders.
- Drive effective partnerships with Product Development, Beverage Apps, FSRA and PepsiCo Manufacturing to drive the Global Beverage R&D agenda.
- Ensure all discoveries and knowledge of modifier functionality and critical blends are broadly communicated across the team. Be the active conduit with the Flavor team leading the FMP scoping across the flavor industry.
- Enable all necessary support to Flavorist Training Program Students to successfully complete the 7 year program. Be instrumental in bringing teaching prowess to both generations of Flavorist Training program students across specific modules in addition to daily mentoring of junior Flavorists with their creation and development work.
- Strategically leverage internal and external sources of technical and creative ideas, processes and materials to deliver winning synergy or optimal formulations of sweeteners/modifiers to Flavorists on the team
- Teamwork role model
- Initiative and follow-through
- Communication and presentation skills
- Strong flavor chemistry background
- Strong technical and product development background with emphasis on Global reach.
- Ability to manage, balance and prioritize multiple project initiatives in order to meet business objectives
- Contribute to and foster a technically focused and creative environment to build PepsiCo’s competitive advantage
- Experienced in multi-functional teams that are focused on multiple technology pathways ( short term and long term)
- Understand implications of flavor design and technology leverage across entire system and incorporate quality principles in work processes and output to deliver development initiatives with a total system mindset
Knowledge & Experience
- B.S. or M.S. in Flavor Science or related, with 10-12 years of experience in the development of global scale flavors across a broad variety of beverages
- A proven track record in strategic vision, creation and hands-on bench capability
- Ability to provide leadership on both strategic and technical aspects of projects
- Outstanding teamwork, communication and leadership skills
- Successful creation and commercialization of flavors ( quality, process, documents)
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement