Industrial Placement- Functional Analyst, IT (Leicester)
PepsiCo are looking for an enthusiastic undergraduate to join our IT department based in Leicester on a 13 month placement working as a Functional Analyst in the manufacturing team.
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers, Quaker, Tropicana, Doritos and Naked Juice, to name a few! We have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for the sixth year in a row. On a larger scale, PepsiCo produces the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 product lines that each generates more than $1billion in annual retail sales.
In this role, you will be providing functional support through incident management for our UK based manufacturing systems, working as a Functional Analyst in the Supply Chain Execution and Manufacturing team.
The support remit covers the following:
Time Management Systems, Access Control Systems, Inventory Management Systems, Product Weight Compliance Systems, Bar-coding System, Line Scheduling Systems, Front Line Tools System known as iMax and a range of hand held devices that are used across our UK manufacturing sites. On the job training is provided so it is not necessary to have specific systems knowledge!
In addition to providing functional support to end users of the systems mentioned above, you will also be given exposure to a widely used IT service management framework called ITIL in which you will get involved in activities such as configuration, change and problem management.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Being an active member of the team, supporting the day-to-day running of key business systems.
- Taking ownership of the manufacturing SAR system (Service Access Request), granting access to new and existing users of supply chain execution and manufacturing systems.
- Communicating with different teams across IT and the PepsiCo UK business to gain a clearer understanding of issues and provide updates
- Participating in establishing user requirements.
- Opportunities to participate in the delivery of small changes or projects may arise.
- Reactive incident and problem management including assisting with escalated incidents and major incident analysis.
- Working with the Problem Manager to analyse root cause and reduce incident volume.
- Owning and implementing support changes.
- Liaising with our third party suppliers to successfully resolve incidents and perform troubleshooting.
What we are looking for:
- A student currently in the second year of university studies, where the course includes the option of completing a sandwich placement during the third year.
- A strong desire to learn. Working in a fast paced team where you will be constantly challenged to develop your skills and knowledge.
- Flexibility; the job may not always be 9-5 and travel may be required to other UK sites.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential because you’ll be interacting with all levels of the business.
- Self-motivation. Whilst generally working in a team, ability to work autonomously is required.
- Strong analytical skills in deriving and documenting business requirements, so ability for logical thought processes will be important.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment would be advantageous.
- Ability to rapidly absorb and apply new technical information as and when required.
You will primarily be based in Leicester but may be required to travel to other PepsiCo warehouse and manufacturing sites across the UK, as well as spending time at the company headquarters in Reading, so a full valid UK driving license will be required.
This paid student placement will start in July 2019, and will last for 13 months, with a salary of £17,500
There are a range of benefits when you’re in the office, such as a free onsite gym and discounted PepsiCo products! In addition to this, we have a competitive pension scheme and a whole host of other exciting benefits.
Application Closing Date – 28th October
Our application window is scheduled to close on the above date, however, in the event of a large response we will close applications early. We would therefore encourage you to apply early.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable