Seed Finance Manager
The successful incumbent will manage the financial transactions of an internalized commercial seed model that allows the business to commercially trade of IPS seed to meet PepsiCo’s regional productivity and growth targets, within the COSO parameters. To manage the necessary risk and control mechanisms to ensure that the seed commercialisation model is managed according to GAAP in all transaction matters including but not limited to Purchase orders, Purchase Requisitions, Invoicing, Management of Payments and Stocktaking
- Financial manager, responsible for the financial management of the commercial seed trade transactions between seed producers, PepsiCO and Chipstock producers.
- Co-ordination of commercial seed trade contracts between seed producers and PepsiCo.
- Management of the issuance of Purchase Orders, Receipts, Invoices, Credit notes and payments of seed between the relevant stakeholders, including but not limited to seed producers, chipstock producers, cold storage and transport service providers.
- Manage and report on the analysis and aging of purchase and sale transactions of IPS seed through the seed commercialisation model.
- Reporting and analysis including periodic reporting, periodic forecast analysis and deck preparation.
- Manage commercial seed vendor registrations for commercial seed producers.
- Manage chipstock customer registrations.
- G&A recording, forecasting, planning and tracking monthly income and expenses for the sale of commercial IPS seed for SSA.
- Supporting strategic plan and AOP development, including deck analysis and deck preparation.
- Assisting Commercial Seed Manager in actuals vs plan/forecast and analysis.
- Manage period close activities to include working closely with the Controller’s group to ensure accuracy and completeness of entries.
- Work with cross-functional teams to manage P&L expectations for the trade of seed.
- Ensure proper governance and compliance with the required risk and control seed environment for BU and Sector approvals.
- Support the Commercial Seed Manager to manage budgets in an effective and efficient manner.
- Facilitate the pricing communication with seep producers, chipstock producers, transporters, cold storage service providers and credit, sessions and credit limit process with financial service providers.
- Driving and ensuring compliance with PepsiCo Global standards and policies.
- Manage seed transaction audit processes including the required stocktake processes.
- Support the Commercial Seed Manager with the management and oversight of the commercial seed team.
- University degree, with Professional accounting qualification recommended
- Experienced accounting background
- Knowledge of SAP
- Min of 3 year post qualification experience
- Knowledge of processing/seed business
- Experience in Reporting, Planning and Control processes & implementation
- Strong written and verbal English
- Energetic, results driven, team player, strong analytical & strategic thinking skills
- Effective & persuasive communication and coaching skills
- Strong Excel ability and Power point skills an advantage
- Willingness to travel as required
Job Type: Regular