You will be accountable for the Maintenance agenda of the site Veurne (total 470 employees). Using Lean Leadership and methodologies, you will play a key role in developing and delivering the sites Maintenance strategy. Together with your team, you will lead the Maintenance planning and execution agenda, ensuring that the strategy is safely, effectively and efficiently adopted and implemented in the Veurne site.
You will be working alongside your plant management peers (Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Logistics, Safety, Finance and HR) to lead the Maintenance Annual Operating Plan and drive a cultural shift towards a “100% reliability” performance mindset into our Veurne team. We’ll be looking to you to lead reliability performance improvements and deliver Maintenance legal compliance whilst developing a world class Maintenance for the team.
You will lead the PepsiCo European Maintenance Methodology (PEMM) program for Veurne, ensuring delivery against internal and external standards and performance targets. A visible adopter and advocate of the PepsiCo Lean process, you will be an active leader of the acceleration of Lean behaviors and systems, leveraging the principles of QCDM to extend and improve Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis within the Maintenance teams.
You will maintain strong links and contacts with all PepsiCo stakeholders (i.e. European Engineering & Maintenance organization) and external agencies as required, to ensure that all communications from and to the site is accurately and effectively delivered.
You will also be an active project sponsor in all capital related projects within the site. The Maintenance Manager is part of the Veurne Plant Management Team (PMT). Therefore this role translates the plant vision, strategy, and PepsiCo code of conduct into the sub-departmental strategies and action plans.
You are responsible for approximately 45 technical experts in your operational department, which 5 of your team members are your direct reports in the maintenance structure ( Automation, Operational, Reliability, Technical warehousing).
What do we offer you?
Within PepsiCo we are proud of our nr 1 brands, but also care a lot about your career possibilities and personal development. You'll work together with inspiring and creative colleagues and we offer you many development opportunities in order to make sure our employees will be successful! In yearly cycles your progress will be discussed with you. Based on these outcomes as well as your long-term goals, your personal development plan will be determined.
Next to this challenging role we also offer competitive compensation and a fantastic range of flexible benefits, including an excellent pension scheme, hospitalization insurance, meal vouchers, eco vouchers, 29 free days, company car and other fringe benefits. We work with a yearly bonus scheme; your own results have influence on your bonus.
PepsiCo is one of the leading food and beverage companies worldwide, producing a wide range of brands, including Pepsi, Lay's, Quaker, Doritos, Duyvis and many others. In the Benelux around 1600 people are working at PepsiCo at 8 different locations. Within PepsiCo you'll experience an informal, dynamic and result-oriented atmosphere - together we win!
Next to this PepsiCo is focused on delivering sustainable long-term growth while leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment - what we call Performance with Purpose. Our focus includes transforming our portfolio and offering healthier options while making our food system more sustainable and communities more prosperous. In doing so, we believe we will pave the way for PepsiCo's future growth and help other thrive.
- Experienced in delivering results and leading a Maintenance or Engineering function using Lean Leadership techniques and methodologies?
- Passionate about leading Maintenance agendas in large organizations?
- A very strong listener and communicator who inspires people?
- An exceptional team player who has experience of solving problems and developing strategies collaboratively across functions
- An individual who thrives on change, challenge, continuous improvement and developing “Can Do” attitudes into your teams?
- An experienced Engineering or Maintenance leader with exceptional people skills?
- Minimum Master level of education in the field of Engineering or Maintenance
- Critical experience: min. 10 years as Maintenance Manager in a larger, matrix environment
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a processing industry, preferably FMCG
- Have a track record of successfully nurturing and developing talent
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Most of all you are a lean leader who is results-driven and deliver through and with your teams
Job Type: Regulier