R&D Senior Scientist, Nutrition Science Research
PepsiCo’s nutrition portfolio is central to the company’s future growth. This position is for a dynamic and engaging person well-trained in nutritional sciences that will drive credibility for PepsiCo as a nutrition company through internal as well as external engagement. Key accountabilities will be to: 1) assist in the development of education and research programs that establish a scientific basis for benefits derived from nutritious foods; 2) translate nutrition science to advance knowledge for the key, modifiable factors that enable healthy lifestyles 3) assist in building a nutrition forward company culture, informed by the latest science.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of ongoing concerns for nutrition and public health through scientific literature reviews, surveillance of public policy initiatives, engagement with key opinion leaders and health professional organizations and analysis of publically available data that focuses on health promotion inclusive of healthier eating
- Curate published research and write white papers that address the latest science for nutrition benefits of greatest interest from the food categories PepsiCo operates in
- Create educational and promotional materials for key nutrition benefit platforms, e.g. whole grains, breakfast, heart health etc. Identify ways to leverage these materials with leading academic experts, at conferences/meetings and with trade organizations.
- Execute external outreach plans for completed Nutrition Sciences research to create awareness among target audiences for the extensive research competency that exists within PepsiCo
- Contribute to the development and execution of employee engagement programs to elevate awareness for the science behind nutrition recommendations and to create a nutrition forward company culture
- As needed, provide general support for the global nutrition sciences team
- Master’s degree in Nutrition or Nutrition Sciences, Ph.D. preferred
- 5+ years of experience (education and work combined) with some emphasis on translating science for communication or promotional materials
- Excellent organization, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to build relationships, manage conflict and embrace change
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate findings into actionable solutions
- Strong attention to detail
- Results-oriented, able to complete assignments independently in a timely and accurate manner and the ability to manage multiple, changing priorities
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement