We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The Technical Function is our team of enabling experts offering knowledge and partnership to functions on specialist subjects including engineering, quality and productivity. They ensure operations and food safety excellence for our team. Could you bring a new dimension to our technical expertise? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Reporting to the Engineering Director, this role is focused on delivering excellence in global capital project execution, manufacturing resiliency & ensuring global best practice in plant & equipment standards across the Asia sites. Key challenges will be balancing resources, capital and operating priorities with a complex business global model and variable business dynamics arising from broad and varying demands.
Position Purpose and Primary Accountabilities
- Lead the execution of the key Strategic Capital Programs required to deliver the future needs of the business. (including scope, contract strategy, resource requirements, communications plan, safety and quality management)
- Responsible for delivering the engineering and procurement standards, including technical and commercial aspects, supplier relationships and performance managements of key capital programs
- Responsible for identifying and resourcing the capabilities needed to deliver technically complex solutions
- Responsible for the safe execution, the budget and the schedule of the capital program
- Identify and develop strategic supplier relationships to support effective management of the PGCS global and local capital requirements
- Develop and leverage best practices from PepsiCo divisions as well as from other industries to deliver world class performance in plant and equipment design, project implementation and construction management
- Implement sustainable engineering practices and programmes ensuring sustainability in plan design and operation
- Lead the interface and communication with individual plants to ensure seamless handover of projects to plant operations
- Provide technical leadership to the sites in Asia.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
- 5-10 years process industry experience in engineering with additional operations or maintenance exposure and extensive capital project management experience
- Degree qualification in Chemical, Process, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience required in the following areas:
- Process plant technical standards
- Project concept development
- Business case and capital approval
- Design, Procurement and Installation
- Construction, Commissioning and Validation
- Environmental, health and safety management
- Contractor and Construction Management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, proven ability to work at all levels in an international organisation
Job Type: Regular