Shopper Marketing Manager, Walmart
The PepsiCo Walmart, Inc. team is looking for a creative, dynamic, results-oriented Shopper Marketing Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment to lead the strategic development and execution of account-specific plans/partnership programming at Walmart.
This position is part of the Walmart, Inc. Shopper Marketing & eCommerce team, a cross divisional team that creates and executes world class shopper and category solutions to accelerate PepsiCo growth at Walmart & Sam’s Club. We staff this team with strong thought leaders, innovators and collaborators who are driven to leverage their experiences to help shape the future of shopper marketing while delivering results with our largest retail customer.
This commercial marketing experience will develop and showcase the ability to strategically evaluate business opportunities, develop deep consumer and shopper empathy, and closely partner with sales and category leadership to bring opportunities to market to positively impact brand equity, sales and profitability.
- Leverages brand, consumer, shopper and retailer insights and trends to develop shopper engagement strategies for innovation, media-to-shelf, portfolio, and customer programs to engage and convert shoppers
- Leads agency briefing and manages all aspects of program development and execution, ensuring ideas are developed into high impact and cost effective campaigns
- Leads and inspires the development of new shopper engagement models and innovative ways to activate at retail, and encourages experimentation with future focused engagement tools and techniques (across such platforms as digital, social, and mobile)
- Understands the Problems to Solve for Gatorade, Quaker, Tropicana, and Naked Juice brands at Walmart in order to build strategic programs that deliver a win/win/win for brands, shoppers and Walmart
- Collaborates with Brand Teams, Customer Teams, Sales, Sales Strategy, Insights, Category Leadership, and other functional leads to support Joint Business Planning and program execution
- Develops and executes power of one (“Better Together”) custom marketing programs with Frito-Lay and NAB designed to build PepsiCo portfolio within Walmart
- Proactively influences brand investment strategy and establishes clear accountability for funding of each event
- Summarizes and communicates program impact, lessons learned, and incorporates learning into future programs
- Minimum Qualification: Undergraduate Degree
- Preferred: MBA
- A minimum of 5 years prior Marketing experience (if Undergrad degree only) OR 2 years of prior Marketing experience (if Advanced degree)
- Preferred: Prior Marketing experience within consumer packaged goods
- Preferred: Prior agency management experience
- Strong project management skills; Able to manage competing priorities and multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively collaborate, communicate and influence in a matrix environment, including with senior leaders (both internal and external)
- Agency management experience, including brief development and creative evaluation
- Strong analytical skills
- Prior experience developing effective marketing campaigns
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and cultivate relationships
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 15% of the time
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement