Strategy - MBA Hiring
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $63 billion in net revenue in 2015 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2015 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose.
PepsiCo in China
PepsiCo products have been offered in China for 34 years. PepsiCo was one of the first US-based companies to enter China. Over the past 30 years, PepsiCo’s total investment exceeds more than RMB 15 billion in China. PepsiCo has built a highly successful food and beverage business while also investing in China’s growth and development. Our brands are loved by millions of Chinese consumers.
Products we manufacture and sell in Greater China include Pepsi-Cola, Pepsi Light, Pepsi Max, Tropicana Guo Bin Fen, Tropicana Pulp Sacs (Xian Guo Li), Mirinda, 7UP, Mountain Dew, Gatorade, Aquafina, Dole (100% juice), Lay's Potato Chips, Quaker Oats, and Cheetos.
In 1981, PepsiCo opened its first bottling plant in Shenzhen, starting its investment journey in China. On March 31, 2012, PepsiCo completed its strategic alliance with Tingyi, whose subsidiary, Tingyi-Asahi Beverages (TAB), the alliance creates the country's leading LRB manufacturing network with nearly 100 plants with a national distribution network. The strategic alliance has generated positive results for both companies since being formed. In 1993, PepsiCo Foods entered the China market. Today its operations have grown to 7 plants in the Greater China Region. PepsiCo Foods supports the development of China’s agriculture, more than 10,000 farmers have benefited from their partnership with PepsiCo.
For more information on PepsiCo and the possibilities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com.
The Strategy team plays a critical role in charting PepsiCo’s long term growth and portfolio development, driving both the future of the company and shaping the industry landscape. The team is tasked with ensuring the company invests in the assets and capabilities needed to stay ahead of the competition and maintain market leadership. This entails developing actionable solutions for some of the most challenging issues facing the company. These issues often span multiple businesses, functions, and geographies, requiring fresh and disruptive thinking to navigate the ever changing macro-environment in which PepsiCo operates.
Responsibilities may include:
- Work with strategy leadership team to address business questions and issues and develop strategic, analytical and financial frameworks
- Conduct analyses to support problem solving and decision making on strategic projects
- Translate analytical output into insights and effectively articulate the critical question
- Provide support crafting the story to influence decision makers across the business
- Conducts timely, zero-defect execution of analysis to understand growth opportunities and key trade-offs
- Provides as needed support in the creation of breakthrough strategies and identify business priorities and initiatives
- Maintain a strong consumer packaged goods and retail industry network, and thus a broad view of the entire region, to ensure a clear competitive advantage and to track competitive performance.
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing an MBA degree in: Finance or Business (other related majors will be considered).
- 3-5 years’ experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, or investment banking, ideally with exposure to the CPG industry
- Team player
- Entrepreneurial or business development mindset
- Passion for consumer goods
- Ability to apply logical and creative thinking to solve complex business problems
- Strong analytical capabilities with the technical skills to process large quantities of data
- The ability to define business problems and frame answers in a logical and structured manner
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Self-starter with an ability to deliver defect free work in a fast paced environment
- Willingness and desire to ‘learn the business cold’ and look beyond the obvious
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Be completing their final year of graduate (MBA) studies and graduate in 2019.
- Hold MBA degree prior to the intended full time start date.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Include GPA (unless your school has a non-disclosure policy,) GMAT scores, and first location preference on your submitted resume.
- A minimum of 3+ years of professional working experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, or investment banking, ideally with exposure to the CPG industry
- Be eligible to work in China without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future.
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation.
How to apply:
To be considered for an interview, you must:
- Complete an online application on our company website: https://xjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25331&siteid=5015&Areq=158357BR
Job Type: Regular