Global Customs & Trade Specialist
Global Customs & Trade Specialist
We are now recruiting a Global Customs & Trade Specialist to join our team in Little Island, Cork on a permanent basis.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
This role will serve as the GCT (Global Customs & Trade) contact for all daily matters of customs & trade import compliance for materials imported by Cork as well as export compliance. The primary responsibilities will relate to managing day-to-day compliance. Import compliance includes the management of various Customs procedures, including Inward Processing and Customs Warehouse regimes including monthly reporting and ensuring the completeness and correctness of all information. Export compliance includes the qualification and documentation necessary for qualifying the outbound concentrate shipments under various free trade agreements.
- Ensure all necessary licence, approvals, and authorizations that are needed to import efficiently are in place (Multiple authorizations held).
- Ensure Customs reports and declarations are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain relationship with multiple clearance agents. Monitor Customs Authorization approvals and usage to ensure that approvals are not exceeded.
- Maintain AEO (Authorised Economic Operator) status.
- Support Audits / Customs reviews as required.
- Monitoring of Free Trade declarations and assisting with reviewing new countries / products to be shipped under FTA.
- Maintain country of origin data to support FTA analysis.
- Support documentary / regulation changes which may impact execution of supply chain, to assist smooth customs clearance and delivery of shipments
- Act as C&T point of contact for concentrate customer in terms of alignment / resolution of C&T related questions / issues relating to imports / exports.
- Ensure classifications are entered into SAP are in line with GCT Master Classification Database and within agreed turnaround times.
- Act as an analytical resource for Europe / AMEA Supply Chain Hub including developing dashboards on duty spend / savings and develop Macros to assist reporting
- Ad-hoc information generation and analysis on an as-required basis
- Support pricing reviews and studies and alignment with Corporate Transfer Pricing Team
- Implement and maintain productivity projects to reduce duty spend and other Supply Chain costs
- Provide duty input and analysis to quarterly forecasting and AOP planning.
- Business / International Trade Degree or suitable qualification
- Min. 5 years’ experience in Customs and Trade Function within large multinational, consultancy or brokerage environment with an understanding of fundamental C&T concepts (classification, valuation, preference, origin)
- A good understanding of Customs Regimes and Customs reporting and good understanding of Customs Declaration Requirements
- Strong Analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, with ability to clearly articulate ideas and proposals to all levels of the organization and drive this work to completion
- Be organized and manage multiple priorities in a high-pressure organization
- Proven process improvement background would be an advantage
- Ability to work collaboratively within a virtual, global matrix organization, while also have the initiative to drive their own solutions. Ability to work with multiple parties, internal and external.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a Global Customs & Trade Specialist. However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be C&T Assoc Analyst.
#LI-IRELANDRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular