UK Industrial Placement- R&D- Nutrition
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers, Quaker, Tropicana, Doritos and Naked Juice, to name a few! We have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for the sixth year in a row. On a larger scale, PepsiCo produces the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 product lines that each generates more than $1billion in annual retail sales.
At PepsiCo innovation takes centre stage. That means our Global R&D team are at the heart of the action and are kept busy creating exciting new products for consumers across the world. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
The Nutrition Sciences Team is a small team based in the UK with responsibility for developing and implementing the nutrition sciences strategy across the broad geography of Europe and Sub Saharan Africa (ESSA).
This role is pivotal in supporting the work of the team, taking ownership of projects, and gaining invaluable experience of working as a nutritionist in a global food company. PepsiCo’s portfolio stretches across a wide range of food and beverage products, encompassing every possible nutritional opportunity and challenge. This opportunity enables a student to experience the wide range of business support the team provides and expand their own knowledge whilst translating that knowledge into business relevant action.
You’ll support the Nutrition Sciences ESSA team, spending some time on each of the categories to enable a comprehensive experience of applying nutrition science to our broad portfolio of products and projects.
You’ll a level of autonomy where your decisions will really make a difference to the support we provide to our business and in return you’ll have the chance to develop your skills and experience in a fast paced, energetic environment.
What you’ll get up to:
- Support the Nutrition Sciences team in all relevant business activity.
- Supporting the development of technical nutrition documentation.
- Conduct and evaluate research to support innovation and brand activation.
- Track and monitor on pack data and assist with the assessment of progress against human sustainability targets.
- Developing a log and commentary on media reports relevant to our portfolio and nutrition science.
- Contribute to nutrition education and health & wellness activities for employees.
- Assist the team with general nutrition enquiries from the business.
- Participate in team meetings – local, regional and global as necessary.
What we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate student, following a path to a degree level qualification in Nutrition and/or Dietetics or closely related discipline e.g. Food Science.
- High degree of initiative and drive to deliver results of trials and activities with the ability to be proactive and multi-task.
- Passion for nutrition and its impact on health and wellness
- Creativity and interest in culinary/product development
- Keen to gain experience of working in the Food Industry.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a diverse audience.
- High degree of self-motivation combined with good organisational skills.
- Supportive team player with an accurate, methodical and reliable approach.
- Good communication, verbal and written.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office).
- Full UK driving licence.
What else do you need to know?
This 12 month role starts in July 2019, offering a salary of £17,500.
There are a range of benefits when you’re at Head Office, such as a free onsite gym, discounted PepsiCo products and a complimentary porridge breakfast! In addition to this, we have a competitive pension scheme and a whole host of other exciting benefits.
Application Closing Date – 28th October 2019
Our application window is scheduled to close on the above date; however, in the event of a large response we will close applications early. We would therefore encourage you to apply early.