UK Industrial Placement- R&D- Productivity
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers, Quaker, Tropicana, Doritos and Naked Juice, to name a few! We have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for the sixth year in a row. On a larger scale, PepsiCo produces the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 product lines that each generates more than $1billion in annual retail sales.
Innovation takes centre stage at PepsiCo. That means our Global R&D team are at the heart of the action and are kept busy creating exciting new products for consumers across the continent, from Leicester to Moscow. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
We’re looking for someone to get stuck in and help out on productivity projects, working with our snacks products. These projects will include helping us to optimise our current recipes and production processes and delivering significant cost savings without compromising our much-loved taste and perfect quality.
You’ll have lots of autonomy where your decisions will really make a difference to our business and in return you’ll have the chance to develop your skills and experience in a fast paced, energetic environment.
What you’ll get up to:
- Participate in the generation of creative, workable ideas within the scope of R&D projects
- Sample manufacture :
- Produce pilot plant produced samples in an accurate and timely manner
- Preparation of consumer test samples
- Carrying out lab work and trials and reporting back the results and conclusions to the team
- Complete and maintain up to date records of samples prepared and items sent.
- Plan, organise and supervise single-focus plant trials with our factories and co-manufacturers.
- Develop and prepare prototype samples
- Understand consumer product testing, sensory and analytical testing in order to ensure research timings are met against a self lead critical timeline.
- Improve wider team development by sharing experience, knowledge, and ways of working, with other interns and the R&D Productivity team
- Opportunity to get involved in additional projects
- Travel opportunities
- Following path to a degree level qualification in Food Science/ Food Science & Technology/ Food Manufacturing.
- High degree of self-motivation combined with good organisational skills.
- Results driven, demonstrate an ability to persevere and provide timely and direct feedback to other.
- Ability to be able to work independently and to deal with change and complexity against tight timelines.
- Good attention to detail and numerate in addition to being practically minded.
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment.
- Good communication, verbal and written.
- High integrity.
- Creative thinking - able to generate creative, workable ideas within the scope of projects.
What else do you need to know?
This 12 month placement starts in July 2019, with a salary of £17,500
There are a range of benefits at our Leicester office, such as a free onsite gym and discounted PepsiCo products. In addition to this, we have a range of flexible benefits to suit everyone, from a competitive pension scheme, to discounted cinema tickets.
Application Closing Date – 28th October
Our application window is scheduled to close on the above date, however, in the event of a large response we will close applications early. We would therefore encourage you to apply early.