Analytical Research Analyst
PepsiCo is on the look-out for an Analytical Research Analyst to join our R&D function and be part of our team in Little Island.
At PepsiCo, innovation takes centre stage. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability are crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence – will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Working within the cross-functional Analytical team in Cork R&D, this position will support strategic PepsiCo projects related to Forensics, method development and other projects for the wider Cork R&D team. The position will support the team’s execution of Forensics services, method development, and all other analytical activities.
• Support to the day-to-day operation of the R&D analytical function including balance calibration, pipette calibration, etc.
• Carry out routine tasks including sample receipt and login of sample data on LIMS system.
• Maintain and operate standard laboratory equipment, e.g. HPLC, UPLC, GC-MS, ICP-MS, FTIR and microscope.
• Conduct testing of ingredients, concentrates and beverages
• Support R&D projects including trials, validation and scale up through providing required analytical support.
• Implement and execute experiments, analyse and interpret data to make sound technical recommendations.
• Act as an EHS champion in his / her area of work, identifying and implementing opportunities to maintain and improve a safe working environment
• Strong communication and relationship building skills required, capable of working with other disciplines within project teams, and collaborating with other functions within Cork R&D and beyond as required
• Excellent organization skills, proven track record of working to tight deadlines and achievement of objectives, and flexibility regarding priority changes.
• Ability to effectively communicate technical findings to project teams, as well as management and other stakeholders, providing recommendations based on experimental data and critical observation.
• Ability to work on own initiative, self-motivated.
• 3rd Level Degree in relevant technical discipline: Food Science / Chemistry preferred.
• Experience (c. 2 years) in Food, Beverage or FMCG sectors with strong background in an R&D or industrial analytical function.
• Knowledge of laboratory safety rules, standards and practices.
• Experience with operations of highly specialised laboratory instrumentation (e.g. HPLC, GC-MS, FT-IR microscopy.
• Experience with communication across technical and non-technical disciplines.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a Analytical Research Analyst . However please note that the internal job title of the successful candidate will be R&D Asst Scientist.
Job Type: Temporary