R & D Sustainability Intern - Part Time
PepsiCo’s Global Sustainability Office provides strategy development, communication and coordination of PepsiCo’s sustainability agenda, known as Performance with Purpose. This agenda includes transforming our portfolio and offering healthier options while making our food system more sustainable and communities more prosperous. In doing so, we believe we will pave the way for PepsiCo’s future growth and help others thrive.
This role will primarily support the key processes associated with the Sustainability Office’s budget, ensuring that agreements with third-party vendors are executed in a timely and complete manner, working in partnership with key partners within the Sustainability Office and other teams across the business. There will also be the opportunity to support the Sustainability Office’s work to embed sustainability-oriented objectives into the work plans of key teams across the PepsiCo business.
- Support processing of master service agreements, statements of work, purchase orders, and invoices for PepsiCo’s Sustainability Office, doing so in a timely and accurate way.
- Intern will be expected to learn how to use online platforms for processing these documents, and maintain good relationships with internal administrators of these platforms, including key partners in Legal, Finance and Corporate Control departments.
- Elevate to manager any complications that arise with particular master service agreements, statements of work, purchase orders, or invoices, in a timely way.
- Intern will work closely with manager to maintain tracking system against office budget.
- Enter pre-agreed upon sustainability objectives into PepsiCo’s Performance and Development online platform for particular teams within the business.
- Junior or Senior college student working toward a Bachelor’s degree (coursework or interest in sustainability/sustainability-adjacent topics preferred)
- Open to candidates without a current sustainability focus who are process and detail oriented
- This is a Part Time role - up to 20 hours a week for up to 1 year - it will last longer than a traditional internship
- Good time management and organization skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work comfortably both independently and in a team environment
- Exhibit business maturity in handling confidential information
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take initiative to raise potential concerns with manager in real time
- Shows high responsiveness to requests from team members and key partners across the business
- Interest in corporate sustainability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Job Type: Temporary
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement