Senior Category Manager
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is inspired by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams adopting new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
Demand Xcelerator is a team that represents a transformation of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership, and Space Engineering resources to support Sales and Marketing plans for enterprise, national, and regional customers across the PepsiCo portfolio. This approach allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused programs to drive growth with our customers. The Demand Xcelerator will help PepsiCo provide our customers cutting edge data and insights, as well as, personalized solutions to drive incremental growth for both our customers and PepsiCo.
Great opportunity within PepsiCo’s Demand Xcelerator to join a PepsiCo Customer Team leading the Category Leadership agenda. The primary objectives of this role are to drive accelerated growth, market share gains, and elevated customer partnership through the development of actionable Category and Shopper Insights.
- Provide insights, analysis, and customer specific recommendations to support Annual Planning and Internal Category Reviews
- Help drive the Joint Business Planning process with key customers while developing advisory initiatives for specific categories
- Collaborate with cross functional team (Sales, Insights, Shopper Marketing, Space Optimization) to create customized solutions that ensure delivery of relevant innovation and key initiatives
- Efficiently mine data and work with cross functional internal partners to identify opportunities, issues and solutions for the Sales and Category Leadership team to implement at the customer
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with the customer buying teams and proactively present category & marketplace insights
- Provide customer/channel expertise and leadership to drive development of appropriate category plans within business unit
- Use multiple data sources to develop reports to include sales/share reporting, opportunity gap, SKU rationalization, plan-o-gram analysis, post promotion analysis, item tracking, pricing studies, financial performance, sales and performance trackers
- Conduct deep-dive shopper/business/competitive analytics, including demand based clustering
- Develop assortment, shelving and product strategies, tactics and plans for customers
- Research and analyze data and other category-related information to identify trends, category performance, competitive threats, opportunities, etc. to support business decisions
- Create customized retailer specific selling stories leveraging all available data sources
- Conduct detailed category decompositions and deliver insights to action to unlock internal and external growth opportunities
- Develop fact based selling stories leveraging syndicated data sources and all available selling materials
- Effectively manage and develop direct reports through the Performance Management Process
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA degree preferred
- 5-10 years' of Category Management experience within the consumer packaged goods industry
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking; ability to link strategies and objectives to develop compelling stories
- Strong thought leadership and influencing skills: ability to influence both internal team members and customer to reach goals
- Ability to proactively set and lead an insights agenda
- Strong data analysis, problem solving, and storytelling experience
- Working knowledge of syndicated data via IRI and/or Nielsen required. Will work with several data sources in role. Understanding of shopper insights and panel data preferred
- Highly proficient with MS PowerPoint and MS Excel and Access
- Ability to “connect the dots” and bring insights into action
- Strong communication and presentation skills at the Executive level. Ability to interact confidently and effectively with team members, management and the customer
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Strong planning/organizing skills; the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong capability to leverage influencing skills to gain alignment, agreement, and commitments (internal/external)
- Prior people leadership preferred
- Must be willing to travel 10-20% of the time
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Pipeline
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement