EHS Associate Representative
Street Address: United States - CA - Fresno - 1150 E North Ave - 93725-1929
Reporting to the Regional EHS Sr. Manager, the EHS Resource is responsible for assisting in the development, management, and facilitation of site EHS Programs. This position serves as a critical support function in the management of EHS programs at the local site. The incumbent provides technical assistance, leadership, coaching and guidance to all local site employees on a wide variety of EHS subjects.
Specific functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate implementation of ongoing effective EHS programs as assigned that assure compliance with PepsiCo and regulatory requirements
- Stay current on EHS regulatory requirements and technical issues, using relevant information to implement programs, achieve compliance and minimize risks
- Provide consultative guidance and information to the management team on EHS priorities and risks, associated costs, performance, major issues and interpretation of regulatory requirements
- Participates in the development of annual EHS compliance goals, EHS performance targets, and EHS budget
- Gather and report data on EHS performance, EHS compliance and significant incidents – keep management apprised of status, trends and progress compared to goals
- Coordinate a department wide system to identify and evaluate hazards, and implement effective corrective solutions
- Facilitate the development and implementation of EHS programs including: establishing the roles of others who will assist with (or lead) each program; assuring the development of prioritized action plans with timetables for execution; and participating in the development of plant-specific procedures and methods
- Develop EHS program descriptions which specify the local procedures and methods that are used to assure conformance with regulations, best practices, and PepsiCo requirements
- Provide and coordinate the employee EHS training and education programs, including EHS training and orientation for new employees, subject matter experts, and front line management
- Provide day-to-day coaching, feedback and functional direction to plant leadership, front line leaders and operators and technical support
- Develop and maintain accurate, up-to-date and complete records for EHS related activities
- Participate in the review of new operations, processes and procedures (as well as proposed changes to existing operations) at the proposal and/or design phase to assure consideration of technical EHS issues / hazards, to submit required permit applications and to facilitate implementation of effective controls
- Organize and manage the incident investigation process within the assigned department(s), using participative root cause analysis techniques
- Support effective injury/illness case management, return-to-work programs
- Participate in the response to regulatory compliance activities, including onsite inspections, written complaints, notices of violation, etc.
- Generate a culture of excitement and engagement surrounding EHS activities and programs
- One (1) to three (3) years EHS experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in EHS related field or closely aligned science or engineering discipline, or professional certification (or in process of obtaining) in Safety or Industrial Hygiene (e.g. ASP, CSP or CIH)
- Solid knowledge of EHS regulatory requirements, concepts and best practices
- Good understanding of the EHS issues, regulations and technology which impact the food / beverage processing industry
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement