Director, Global Design Strategy & Design Innovation
Why PepsiCo Design Innovation?
Our mission is to driving the innovation agendas for PepsiCo’s Global brands and businesses to help it grow and transform beyond its core. We drive innovation by defining, prototyping, learning and launching strategically aligned and commercially viable new products, services, retail experiences, brands and systems - while eating Cheetos. We challenge and seek to change how PepsiCo works to drive true business innovation.
We are a creatively driven team that leverages the power of Design Thinking to solve business problems that drive meaningful growth. We innovate with intent; to solve real problems, for real people, in the real world. We innovate to incite positive change – for people, brands, business and the world around us. We know what it takes to make ideas a reality and bring that into everything we do.
- Self starting with entrepreneurial spirit
- Adept managing ambiguity
- Resilient with hustle
- Always questioning & improving
- Optimistic & curious
- A creative multi-disciplinary fluid thinker who never gives up
- Able to toggle between strategy & execution
- Empathetic to consumers and internal stakeholders
- Fluent in design and conversant on emerging food & nutrition trends
- Good at storytelling, visually & verbally
- Passionate about enacting change to improve the world and how we nourish ourselves
What you will do:
In this role you’ll report into the Head of Design Innovation and work in collaboration with other design leaders, in conjunction with the Chief Design Officer, to effectively develop and deliver design strategies and compelling designed experiences (brand, product, packaging, retail, merchandising) that have strategic business value.
Innovation & Strategic Design Expert: You’ll develop and delivery effective design strategies & holistic design solutions in partnership with key business leaders that deliver against business goals. While managing highly complex assignments and concurrent initiatives across varied project types.
You should be comfortable managing the ambiguity inherent in design processes, methodologies (tools, techniques) and design proposals (visions, scenarios) in order to plan creative engagements and visualize the desired creative output.
You will elevates design thinking, which underpins all our engagements, pollinates design thinking through practical design methodologies, solving complex branding problems and uncovering transformation opportunities to help brands get the most out of their design investments.
Strategic Leadership: Design Strategy encompasses brand strategy, design planning, and project management to ensure the design team functions at optimal strength and capacity. Working on projects that have critical business significance you will demonstrate the agility to lead strategy, planning, project management. You should be familiar with working in a multi-disciplinary eco-system, leading interdisciplinary teams in a highly complex matrixed work environment.
You’ll partnering closely with the Head of Design Innovation and working alongside the marketing team, to identify, sell-in, and lead projects. Engage with a variety of stakeholders to get input and assess options. Work across all aspects of strategic design development leading opportunity identification projects to design strategies for new brands or product opportunities. You’ll guide and advise a team through the Design Thinking & Innovation process to ensure that identified opportunities & design strategies result in sustainable growth and returns for the business.
- Be an inspiring leader, both within and outside of the design organization
- Champion design thinking across the organization, educating while collaborating
- Know how to translate business needs into actionable processes and solutions
- Draw on diverse perspectives to solve design problems and drive effective solutions
- Articulate design vision through prototyping, scenario modeling, strategic roadmaps, etc.
- Collaborate closely with researchers, marketers, media teams to cross-pollinate ideas, methods, and approaches
- Build and evolve methodologies, nurture the maturity of the design & innovation capabilities
- Provide mentorship and support the professional development to team members
- Effectively influence across all levels in the organization; across regions and functions; can get things done through formal and informal channels
- Proven ability to effectively incorporate research (including primary and secondary research) in strategic design processes
- 14+ years of experience, with a minimum of 5 years (recent) in a strategic design role
- Degree(s) in Product Design, Architecture, Engineering, Advertising/Branding, Design Strategy and/or MBA
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing required prescreens, including, but not limited to, drug and alcohol screening and motor vehicle reports
- Proven experience in Brand Strategy, Design Strategy, or Innovation & Product Development.
- Proven track record of strong leadership, team management skills and a strategic acumen
- Superior project management and design management skills; attention to detail
- Compelling presentation and proposal skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, work in ambiguous and dynamic work environment; is comfortable with risk and uncertainty
- Must be willing and able to travel 20% of the time
Job Type: Pipeline
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement