Product & Industrial Designer
The Industrial & Product Designer is responsible for execution of comprehensive product design and structural packaging projects within PepsiCo’s NYC Global Design & Innovation Center. In this role, he/she will create world-class consumer product experiences that generate business value and drive projects from ideation to execution. Successful candidates will demonstrate superior ability to generate, visualize and realize design solutions throughout concept development, refinement, and execution with ownership of quality of thinking and outputs.
This role requires strong proficiencies in the following: product sketching/rapid visualization, storytelling/storyboarding, ideation, renderings, 2D/3D prototyping, research & analysis, cross-functional collaboration, and presentation work.
- Generate fresh, compelling design solutions for business pipeline, brand experience/activations, and long-term strategic initiatives while representing consumer-centric thinking and excellent aesthetic sensibility for complex design challenges
- Research and develop a point-of-view on relevant market/design trends, consumer segments, and the competitive landscape to inspire and guide design directions
- Translate consumer needs, brand identity attributes, contextual imagery, and visual direction into functional, beautiful, brand-targeted product experiences
- Create engaging presentation deliverables that may include research summaries, sketches/renderings, scenarios, appearance models and functional prototypes
- Build 3D CAD for concept propositions for rapid prototyping or for communicating design intent to R&D, stakeholders, and business partners
- Collaborate with functions across the enterprise to identify opportunities, solve design issues, and preserve design intent throughout initiatives
- Drive design projects in collaboration with internal and external resources
- 1+ years of full-time design work experience (outside of freelance work)
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Industrial/Product Design a MUST
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a superb sense of aesthetics, surfacing, ergonomics, usability, prototyping, and user-centered design methodologies
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing required prescreens, including, but not limited to, drug and alcohol screening and motor vehicle reports
- World-class rapid-visualization skills (eg. hand-sketching, storytelling/storyboarding, etc) is required.
- High-proficiency in relevant software (eg. Adobe CC, 3D CAD modeling and rendering packages) is a must
- Comfortable working in all phases of the design process - from research to concept development and detail design for manufacturing
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to support and collaborate with the Innovation, Brand, Category, and Product Design teams across the studio.
- Model-Making/Rapid-Prototyping or Digital/UX/Interaction Design or front-end coding experience is a strong plus.
- Does not require sponsorship to work in the United States now and or ever in the future
Job Type: Pipeline
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement