Packaging R&D Associate Principal Engineer
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
Within the Global Beverage Packaging R&D team, the Associate Principal Engineer role will focus on the growing ecommerce platform from a technical lens, including the overall technical Packaging strategy for Nutrition Beverages, as well as driving the development of programs from conception through launch.
*This position can be located in Chicago, IL or Barrington, IL
- Responsible for leading North America Nutrition eCommerce strategy and development programs, including brands such as Gatorade, Tropicana, IZZE, Naked Juice, and Coconut Water ONE
- Partner closely with the eCommerce business leads to effectively manage the project pipeline, bandwidth and annual operating plan to appropriately allocate budgets
- Collaborate with eCommerce Packaging Leads in North America Beverage, Quaker and Frito Lay to harmonize processes, procedures, and best practices
- Actively manage packaging projects across various packaging materials for the eCommerce channel
- Follow technical stage gate process, create package development plan & timeline and manage project budget
- Maintain open communication and build strong relationships with internal & external teams from suppliers to cross functions
- Implement project plans against timeline and budget, create trial protocols, lead plant trials, conduct all tests and analyze test results to ensure successful delivery of quality standards
- Create, maintain and update packaging material and assembly specifications
- Technical eCommerce experience and/or eCommerce supply chain knowledge strongly preferred
- Experience in the development and execution of packaging projects
- Fully operational in technical qualifications for packaging components
- Strong communication skills and presentation skills in technical & non-technical environment
- Strong project management skills in developing project timelines with multiple cross-functional touch points, and managing platform and project budgets, in addition to tracking of spend
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, timelines and budgets in fast paced environment
- 15-25% domestic travel
- Occasional weekend travel may be required due to travel time/manufacturing line availability at certain locations
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical, Mechanical, Package Engineering, or related degree
- 5+ years experience in related consumer goods field - Food & Beverage and Beauty industry preferred
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement