LT&D Administrator - Traffic Dispatcher
Shift: Tuesday to Saturday 12am to 8:30am (Starts Tuesday at 12:00AM Finishes at 8:30am on Saturday) [5 Days]
This role is responsible for supporting a variety of tasks related to dispatching OTR and Delivery Specialist drivers daily. The role will require the ability to multi-task, pay close attention to detail, process runs accurately and communicate across multiple back office processes and departments, as well as internal and external customers. In addition, the role will be the main point of coordination for dispatching drivers on their respective runs. Cross functional partnership and support with Warehouse GES personnel, Sales, customers, CSRs, HQ personnel and other key functions will be required. This position will also be a backfill for dispatch coverage. Candidate must be willing to flex schedule to cover planned vacations.
•Supporting dispatch operation by compiling GES and CORE paperwork.
•Completing all billing for runs.
•Processing and completing the daily dispatch board.
•Loading and unloading/reloading trailers in the yard.
•Completing physical yard inventories as needed.
•Answer incoming calls in a professional and pleasant manner.
•Resolve dispatch issues driven by order changes, ship date delays or driver availability.
•Maintain the Dispatch timeliness, on time delivery, Tractor and trailer returns, all of dispatch changes that are made on runs, etc.
•Assign loads as necessary to cover all runs on the board based on bids and seniority.
•Ability to update the daily bid board.
•Strong problem solving skills
•Maintain SOX audit compliance and drive organizational efficiency.
•Facilitate daily sales communication email to communicate load status.
•Adjust delivery sequences in the Dispatch Planning System as necessary.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
· Understanding of transportation operations including DOT regulation as it applies to drivers and work.
· Must possess physical capability to walk the yard, monitoring tractor and trailer inventories.
· Demonstrate strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, SAP, Peoplenet and TMAP.
· Demonstrate self-motivation and initiative.
· Strong training skills and the ability to work with drivers and must be flexible.
· Capable of prioritizing and completing multiple tasks.
· Show strong attention to detail and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
· Able to adapt to changes and develop/implement best practices
· Strong analytical skills.
· Excellent verbal and written skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and high sense of urgency in customer service.
· High school diploma or GED
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement