R&D Specification Writer
Role: R&D Specification Writer
Salary: £27,000 - £32,000 (depending on experience)
In this role you will be a key member of a 2 year regional (Europe & Sub-Saharan Africa - ESSA) specifications project.
With a focus on ingredient specifications for our Snacks and Nutrition categories, you will be responsible for the distribution and subsequent coordination of Qualification Questionnaires, both internally and with appropriate suppliers.
This role will work closely with suppliers to define time frames for Qualification Questionnaire completion, provide central support, and ensure the correct processes are adhered to
You will also engage with internal teams such as Regulatory Affairs, Food Safety, and Product Development to define and agree parameters. You will also be expected to work with lab & analytical teams to define suitable test methodology.
This is a great opportunity to build first-hand experience within a global R&D function, working across a range of internal teams and external partners.
Please note, this role will be offered on a contract until end of 2020.
- Higher education; food technology, chemistry,
- Experience of the Food Industry
- Previous experience in handling relationship with suppliers is preferable.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) proficient
- Good computer skills, ability to work with the databases
- English (written and spoken)
- Good communication skills (e.g. communication on telephone, external & internal to PepsiCo; managing work with other support group functions, etc.)
- Works well in a team setting, working with QA / R&D work team on other aspects of the project. Persuasive & Influential.
- Basic understanding of scientific principles related to ingredient parameters and test methods
Job Type: Temporary