Senior Automation Lead
Senior Automation Lead
We are now recruiting a Senior Automation Lead to join our global engineering team in Little Island, Cork on a permanent basis.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutritionand Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi.We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands.We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT.We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The Technical Function is our team of enabling experts offering knowledge and partnership to functions on specialist subjects including engineering, quality and productivity. They ensure operations and food safety excellence for our team. Could you bring a new dimension to our technical expertise? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
The purpose of this role is to drive a global strategy and ensure the delivery of the required capability in line with the project roadmap across the PGCS organisation based on global standards and best practice.
Position Purpose and Primary Accountabilities
- Science/Technical/IT or Engineering Degree coupled with 10 years plus demonstrated track record in chemical or pharma environment, ideally with concentrate experience.
- Experience with defining and driving Operational Technology strategy
- Strong IT knowledge (networks, databases etc.)
- Experience with development, integration and project management of automated control systems including e.g PLC’s, SCADA, Batching Systems etc.
- Experience with all appropriate industry standards (eg S88/S95)
- Experience with integrating control systems with MES and ERP
- Experience with project/programme execution within complex manufacturing environments.
- Existing professional network of relationships with technology vendors may be an advantage.
- Demonstrated Industry 4.0 experience and results.
- Innovation – Identify and understand new, enabling and leading-edge technologies with the ability to assist in deploying these solutions to our business partners.
- Designer & Implementation – Be a strong design and implementation partner – adept at creating and implementing digital technology roadmaps & plans.
- Be decisive and results oriented with a track record in designing and executing solution
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a (insert external job title here). However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be SC Eng Mgr.
#LI-IRELANDRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular