University of Texas LABS Marketing Intern
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
We rely on interns for fresh perspective, and in turn we let them showcase their ability to provide meaningful and, comprehensive business recommendations. The LABS position and corresponding 2019 internship will focus on developing a Multicultural Value Strategy for our Frito-Lay division. This position will provide a deep dive into the Multicultural Value Consumer, understanding their preferences on products within our value portfolio as well as with our competitors, channels and key occasions for value snacks. Based on key learnings the position will provide a recommendation on products/brands to include in our value offering, channels to focus on and how the proposition will come to life in store. Key components and skills necessary for success s will include analytical rigor, consumer empathy, strategic thinking and comfort with ambiguity. As the position fact-finds and problem-solves to achieve their deliverables, they enjoy great autonomy as well as full support, guidance, and feedback from their managers, cross-functional partners, and the broad marketing organization in addition to their coach. The candidate will have chance to learn the business, build a network, and, potentially, earn a full-time opportunity upon graduation.
What you can expect:
At PepsiCo you can think like an entrepreneur, but with the global reach and resources to support you. As a Marketing Intern with the UT LABS program you will be given significant responsibility to create high impact marketing recommendations that enable PepsiCo to achieve short and long term strategic business objectives. In addition to core project work, you will develop and demonstrate functional ownership, leadership capability, and business acumen.
Responsibilities may include:
- Drawing insights from consumers and being their voice in product, packaging, or communication development
- Developing new innovation launch strategies and evaluating innovation concepts
- Developing impactful consumer promotions, events, and marketing programs
- Evaluating return on investment of marketing campaigns and activations, and making recommendations for future strategy
- Leveraging insights to design social and digital campaigns, along with creative measurement tactics Partnering with agencies in the creation of brand positioning and communication strategies
- Identifying and understanding the drivers of a declining brand
What we’re looking for:
- Unique experiences that demonstrate creative instinct, passion for marketing and deep consumer empathy
- Demonstrated leadership through past work experience and extra-curricular involvement
- Passion for consumer brands
- Experience in marketing, advertising, promotions, digital, media, and/or design
- Familiarity with emerging digital platforms
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to solve highly strategic and difficult business problems
- Ability to drive and implement ideas and results in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Strong communication, presentation and story-telling abilities with an understanding of and ability to influence stakeholders
- Intellectual curiosity
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Currently pursuing an MBA degree with an expected graduation date between December 2019 and May 2020
- Prior work experience
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement