Senior Manager, Global Design Innovation
Why Design Innovation?
Our mission is to driving the innovation agendas for PepsiCo’s Global brands and businesses to help it grow and transform beyond its core. We drive innovation by defining, prototyping, learning and launching strategically aligned and commercially viable new products, services, retail experiences, brands and systems - while eating Cheetos. We challenge and seek to change how PepsiCo works to drive true business innovation.
We are a creatively driven team that leverages the power of Design Thinking to solve business problems that drive meaningful growth. We innovate with intent; to solve real problems, for real people, in the real world. We innovate to incite positive change – for people, brands, business and the world around us. We know what it takes to make ideas a reality and bring that into everything we do.
- Self starting with entrepreneurial spirit
- Adept managing ambiguity
- Resilient with hustle
- A creative multi-disciplinary fluid thinker who never gives up
- Someone who lives to bring your ideas to life
- Able to toggle between strategy & execution
- Empathetic to consumers and internal stakeholders
- Fluent in design and conversant on emerging food & nutrition trends
- Passionate about enacting change to improve the world and how we nourish ourselves
You will get to:
In this role you will report to the Director, Global Design Innovation & Strategy, working in collaboration with others Design & Innovation team members to effectively develop and deliver design strategies and compelling designed experiences (brand, product, packaging, retail, merchandising) that have strategic business value.
Seasoned Innovation & Design Thinking Practitioner: You will drive the delivery of effective design thinking & innovation projects for PepsiCo’s businesses and partner with teams in delivering strategies that can identify new opportunities, new products, and new experience that deliver against business goals.
You should be comfortable managing the ambiguity inherent in design processes. You will manage and drive design methodologies (tools, techniques) and provide input into design proposals (visions, scenarios) in order to execute against creative engagements and visualize the desired creative output.
You will showcase your expert ability within design thinking, which underpins all our engagements. You pollinate design thinking within the organization through practical design methodologies, solving complex branding problems and uncovering transformation opportunities to help brands get the most out of their design investments.
Strategic Project Manager: You’ll work on projects that have critical business significance and provide agility to lead strategy, planning, project management while working in a multi-disciplinary environment, leading interdisciplinary teams. You’ll synthesize research and business needs to ensure identified opportunities & design strategies result in sustainable growth and returns for the business.
You will showcase:
- Excellent team management
- Champion design thinking across the organization, educating while collaborating
- Draw on diverse perspectives to solve design problems and drive effective solutions
- Articulate design vision through prototyping, scenario modeling, strategic roadmaps, etc.
- Collaborate closely with researchers, marketers, media teams to cross-pollinate ideas, methods, and approaches
- Build and evolve methodologies, nurture the maturity of the design & innovation capabilities
- Provide mentorship and support the professional development to junior team members
- Work collaboratively to build relationships and get things done through formal and informal channels
- Proven ability to effectively incorporate research (including primary and secondary research) in strategic design processes
- 10+ years of experience, with a minimum of 3 years (recent) in a strategic design role
- Degree(s) in Product Design, Architecture, Engineering, Design Innovation, Brand Design, Design Strategy and/or MBA
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing required prescreens, including, but not limited to, drug and alcohol screening and motor vehicle reports
- Proven experience in Brand Strategy, Design Strategy, Innovation & Product Development.
- Proven track record of strong leadership, team management skills and a strategic acumen
- Superior project management and design management skills; attention to detail
- Compelling presentation and proposal skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, work in ambiguous and dynamic work environment; is comfortable with risk and uncertainty
- Must be willing and able to travel 20% of the time
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement