R&D Associate Engineer
PepsiCo’s strength is its people. Winning together is all about respect for one another’s unusual traits, backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Our teams reflect the diversity of our customers and our communities, breaking down barriers and winning awards.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. As a global food and beverage company with brands that stand for quality and are respected household names such as Quaker Oats, Tropicana, Gatorade, Lay’s and Pepsi-Cola, we are committed to Performance with Purpose; pushing to be best and fully committed to the people we share the planet with.
Our employees are at the heart of PepsiCo. Through the Company's dedication to Talent Sustainability, we continue to support the development of employees. A possibility, our employment brand, reinforces our dedication to our people; enabling them to reach new heights in their careers and becoming truly world-class talents. PepsiCo is universally recognized as one of the best companies in the world for leadership development.
At PepsiCo our R&D associates are at the forefront of innovation. Driving innovation pipelines, our R&D teams balance leading technical knowledge with first-class commercial awareness. With a real passion to innovate and deliver, our people are driven and highly motivated.
As a R&D Associate Engineer you will be working within India-MENA R&D team, this position will support Product Development and Technical Brands Agenda for Baked Snacks, Nuts & Seeds and New platforms for G&L Foods Commercial Unit (CU). This position report directly to Senior Manager R&D based in Riyadh.
- Technical brands ownership for Baked, Nuts and Seeds and New Platforms products within the G&L Foods portfolio for Refresh, Reframe and some breakthrough innovation.
- Project leadership for AOP and PSP initiatives from Idea Hopper to Launch and Learn.
- Develop product against Consumer and Business KPIs by leveraging available resources including pilot plants, factory equipment, and supplier’s technical assets.
- Develop project briefs/Global Innovation Briefs and seek cross functional alignment (especially Marketing and Supply Chain).
- Proactively challenging the suitability and performance of product designs in order to maintain a competitive advantage in terms of product acceptance, unique product design, cost of goods etc.
- Act as the guardian of quality for the brands; owning product, process and material design standards and owner of product specifications and tracking in-market performance.
- Develop an understanding and demonstrate the application of consumer product testing; sensory, analytical etc. to deliver superior products to the market and establish product intelligence.
- Leverage expertise inside and outside the organization to deliver product and process development.
- Ensure the availability and application of R&D tools (e.g. product testing, experimental design etc.) to deliver product and process development.
- Embrace R&D KPIs and meet all requirements and support in continuous improvement of results.
- Lead Technical Stage Gate & Accolade related work for his/her project and ensure timely completion.
- Lead the productivity and performance with purpose agendas.
You should be demonstrating the following qualifications / requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Product development/R&D function in FMCG.
- Graduation degree in Food Science /Engineering (Chemical/Food Engineering) / Food & Nutrition.
- Excellent knowledge of food production processes
- Reasonable Knowledge of product development tools.
- Good working knowledge of food science principles.
- Ability to create product formulations delivering consumer winning products.
- Excellent knowledge of experimental design.
- Ability to plan and conduct factory trials.
- Good knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Good Knowledge of consumer testing protocols.
- Self-starter, self-motivating – very high drive for results and able to deal with uncertainty and complexity.
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, MS projects and internet).
Are you ready? At PepsiCo, every single day is an adventure and an opportunity for personal and professional growth. Apply today and discover the possibilities at PepsiCo.Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular