Customs Compliance Supervisor
The Customs Compliance Supervisor will report directly to the Customs Compliance Manager to support the growth in import/export activity managed by PepsiCo Chicago. This position will be responsible for coordinating sample/free of charge projects, daily communication, problem resolution and internal customer service for international shipments including samples, marketing and R&D shipments; tariff classification; import/export daily operations and documentation.
He/she will also be responsible for the vendor account payables process and maintaining import/export databases as well as supporting the Customs Compliance Manager with Import Audits, SOPs and Broker/Forwarder performance reviews.
In addition to defined responsibilities, the Customs Manager may assign tasks and project work as required.
- Analyze product specification, customs rulings and additional product data and sourcing information to determine its appropriate HS & FDA Code, MID, Country of Origin and other required data to add/update products into PepsiCo’s product database
- Coordinate with small parcel couriers, forwarders, customs brokers, PLCI, and other departments 45 Import/Export ad-hoc shipments per month
- Prepare and update free trade agreement certificates and shipping documentation as required
- Analyze and resolve account payable issues with customs brokers & freight forwarders
- Maintain PepsiCo’s import product database and import entry records
- Review and follow up on conditional released customs entries under FDA, USDA and/or other PGAs
- Support with the research of global import requirements and product sourcing
- Coordinate with forwarder(s), customs broker(s), PLCI, R&D, regulatory, legal, shipping locations and/or Co-Packers to prepare shipments for export compliance with import requirements including proper labelling, certificates and other applicable documentation for U.S. Marketing and R&D purposes
- Gather and validate all required information regarding the product, shipment and importing country requirements to prepare documentation and coordinate transportation for international import and export shipments
- Track and Trace import/export shipments as required
- Qualify and issue free trade agreement (such as NAFTA) certificates annually and, updates as required, for U.S. exports and Import as well as validate NAFTA documents received from vendors
- Monitoring customs broker activity through monthly audit/scorecard process updates and daily communication with brokers regarding shipment status, missing information and problem resolution
- Small parcel international courier account management and other vendor accounts payables as required
- 5-20 U.S. Drawback claims per year
- Tariff Classification
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of audit principles
- Strong ability to influence change
- Excellent word processing and spreadsheet skills
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven Leadership skills
- BA (Bachelors of Arts) in Business or Supply Chain
- 3-5 years of Experience with US Customs Entry Processing and International Logistics
- Customs Licensed Broker (Preferred)
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement